Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
Only keyframes are the driving inputs, steering, gas, brake.

A few of the cars can be driven almost realtime. Basically I'd been trying to make the ideal Dynamic car and out of that process came a lot of different car designs. Some even have moving differential gears made out of polygons!

Come round to North London and I'll show you! I doubt you've got much interest in C4D though, the great divide...

Cheers Herve, yes theres a lot going on that isnt seen from this camera.
Thanks Rob, not much progress this week, I've decided to re-sim because I just dont feel satisfied with a few things, but it requires a solid block of time to concentrate (theres a lot to go wrong...) so I need to brace myself before diving in.

Ive got some cool test renders which are worth showing;

And this one, Original VW body model courtesy of Mark Hodsman.

Thanks, Just imagine the shadows ;)

Heres another angle and scene-setup wireframe (frame 0)

The tricky thing here was to make boxes which breakup on their own, but dont breakup before you hit them hard.
Great look Eric!

It is getting really cool. Nice dynamics.

You should dirt the wheels of the container and cars.

I love the crane caterpillar jumping.

Longing to see how it continues. Keep on!

Dario Lanza
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I think I will come back to this, kind of waiting for particles to work through the cinema plug and waiting for the cold winter months to get all the work done, too much fine weather for bike rides at the moment. :)

Prob by the time I get on with it, well have 12 core chips and MW3!

The bit that was niggly was the interactive breaking wooden crates, and keyframing the bodywork damage, but with C4D R14 they now have breakable connectors, and 'plastic deformations' so no more niggles :)
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]