Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By Kevron
Hi,

Inspired by all who have contributed "work in progress" stills, wo would like to take the opportunity to do the same.

"The Ugly Child" is a shortfilm we work on between paid projects. The story is about a couple fixated on enhancing their looks with plastic surgery.
They become a couple after choosing the same nose implant at the plastic surgery office. After several fixes, the woman gives birth to a child. A ugly child.

We have four characters; the doctor, the man, the woman and the ugly child.

We will update this section with "wip´s" from different stages of production. We have not set an absolute deadline on this project, it is finished when its finished ;)

Hope you will enjoy our production diary. It is a bit scary for us to share our work at this stage in the process, but we hope this "openness" only will strengthen the end result.

Best Regards,
Tor Martin
www.tnl.as
By Half Life
Yes, I agree this is very visually interesting even at such an early stage.

If I may offer one suggestion -- black India Ink tends to be slightly more reflective than the other colors due to the density a true black requires (and the binder)... so for a slightly more traditional look to the "illustrated" parts of the character I would map the roughness on those parts to subtly indicate the effect.

Best,
Jason.
By Kevron
Thank you all for your encouraging comments, it's greatly appreciated. We will also take notice on all suggestions and feedback you contribute.

We are currently drawing some enviroment concepts to guide us in our visual direction. We want a mixture of corroded grunge, futuristic steam punk and a heavy use of mechanical apparatus :)

We love playing around with different styles, here are two of our earlier productions that are experimenting with different visual identities.
https://vimeo.com/25244043
https://vimeo.com/24927212

Our company is called Tilnaermet Lik, based in Norway and we are five people working here.
So, thats the formal introduction of us :)

Have a nice evening, and we will hopefully keep the updates coming in the next days/weeks/months, but hopefully not years ;)

Regards,
Tor Martin
www.tnl.as
By Kevron
Just some subtle shading progression on the doctor:

It may not be so evident in those renders, but I tried to make the black a bit more reflective.

Regards,
Tor Martin
By Kevron
Some concept drawings and renders:

Enviroment office
(An early test on how the "select your implant" place could look)

Doctor concepts.
(Every character har a "motor". The "motor" is their source of energy, like the human heart.)

A render testing out some animated parts and playing with DOF.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1059954/Maxwell ... mation.mov

Regards,
Tor Martin
www.tnl.as
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]