Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By mcj1984
Hello all,

Here is a WIP render of a sushi place. Started it years ago, hope to finish it up now that processors are faster and render times are days instead of weeks!

This is SL 16 and still needs more. Probably SL 18 or I need to learn how to optimize emitters and transparent materials.

Any ideas or critique are welcome. Maybe too heavy-handed with the high pass in post?

Thanks,

Marty
By gadzooks
Absolutely stunning image! Really nice work. The only CC i have is the texture on the back wall and on the raised platform is distracting. And the lights over the table in my opinion are to low. That's just my two cents worth The material on the tables is Fantastic!
Please keep posting your progress!
By mcj1984
Thanks, Gadzooks. I didn't do a proper design process on this, it's just been messing around, and I agree that wall material is distracting.
Still trying to figure out what the materials should be... I really like the galvanized steel panel floor material, gotta figure out what the rest are lacking.
By RobMitchell
I also really like the dip in the tables, and how the material map follows it. :D The chair reflections on the floor give off a great effect, too. I feel it's getting a little bit "soft" at the back of the image, but it's looking great so far. Good work!
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]