Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
with your question, can you let us know how you are planning on using the smoke in the render? My opinion is that unless the entire render is of smoke used in a creative way, then using stock photos and photoshop would be your best bet. it will likely give you the most realistic results and the least amount of time put into it. setting up a smoke solution and rendering it and getting it to look good can/will take more time than the object/environment you are adding it in to. if your project is still going on, show some renders of what you need it added in to so we can better advise you.
Thanks guys, I was planning on using some light emitting smoke/vapour in a jewellery render. I wanted the vapour to wrap around the object and for the colour of the smoke to have some influence over the lighting of the scene (which is why I wanted to avoid photoshop). Maybe I can get a similar effect with a translucent ribbon and some falloff to make it disappear around the edges. The reason I wanted a random vapour generator was that I did not want to model the vapour and lose any randomness. I wish I had an image to share with you the look I am trying to achieve but for now the image is strictly in my head :)... got to get it out :)
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]