Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By Bubbaloo
I am starting to dive into RealFlow to learn as much as I can about the software and it's integration with Maxwell2. Here I'll be posting my little renders and tests. For now, not much, but hopefully I'll be able to add more and more cool renders (and possibly animations) in the future as I learn the software. Thanks for looking and comments/questions are always welcome. I may even post downloadable RF scenes occasionally.
Last edited by Bubbaloo on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Josephus Holt
Bubbaloo wrote:I am starting to dive into RealFlow to learn as much as I can about the software and it's integration with Maxwell2. Here I'll be posting my little renders and tests. For now, not much, but hopefully I'll be able to add more and more cool renders (and possibly animations) in the future as I learn the software. Thanks for looking and comments/questions are always welcome. I may even post downloadable RF scenes occasionally.
Uhhh, somebody's got some $$ to spend :shock: Have to admit, I"m a bit jealous of your new toy :wink:
By Josephus Holt
Bubbaloo wrote::lol: Can you put a price on education and knowledge in this 3d business? The more you know...
Just go with the flow... :wink:
By Asmithey
Brian,

I wish I could get someone I know dear to my heart to understand that concept.....I always love her though. :D

Someday I hope to buy 3D Max and learn that first. I am way behind man.
Last edited by Asmithey on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Asmithey
Nice renders by the way!!!!
By tom
Wow, I like the first one! If I'm seeing it right, there's a little lens scattering going on and it adds a nice touch... Good job! 8)
By ivox3
Asmithey wrote:Brian,

I wish I could get someone I know dear to my heart to understand that concept.....I always love her though. :D

Someday I hope to buy 3D Max and learn that first. I am way behind man.
All of us are behind -- trust me. :lol:

Let me just see someone brave enough to stand up and say, .. "Yep, .. I'm totally up on all cutting edge 3d and I make use of it all. " COME FORTH NOW !!! I dare thee ... !!! :lol:

My take is that one should just really become very adept at the tools he already has and only add to that list new things hing he/she knows will greatly benefit him. And most importantly, ...absolutely ignore the rest, otherwise it just breeds the mental atmosphere of insufficiency vs. a healthy sense of competency. wink wink...

Nice tests Brian ...
By Becco_UK
Bubbaloo: Nice tests. I have used Realflow for a number of years and to me it is technically miles ahead of the very good Maxwell Render.

It will be even better when Maxwell Render has the capability to render particles. Even in the present basic form your tests show that Maxwell development is generally heading in the right direction.

Giving objects some stickyness in Realfow can greatly increase the realism of particle interaction - depending of course on what type of fluid or effect you are working on!
By Bubbaloo
Becco_UK wrote:Nice tests. I have used Realflow for a number of years and to me it is technically miles ahead of the very good Maxwell Render.
Thanks! :D

I don't think RF is miles ahead. It's just a different beast altogether and marketed and created very differently. The guys behind Maxwell have the difficult task of making Maxwell absolutely physically correct while maintaining it's simplicity and user friendly GUI for users of all levels. RealFlow is marketed more towards professionals and that market expects more technically complex controls and GUI for maximum flexibility.
Becco_UK wrote:It will be even better when Maxwell Render has the capability to render particles. Even in the present basic form your tests show that Maxwell development is generally heading in the right direction.
With the RealFlow Render Kit, it opens up big possibilities in Maxwell. I'm not sure about rendering particles (I'll have to check), but the mesher is really a great addition (complete with motion blur support, something that was missing in 1.7). Plus, rendering particles is no problem through the Max plugin.
Becco_UK wrote:Giving objects some stickyness in Realfow can greatly increase the realism of particle interaction - depending of course on what type of fluid or effect you are working on!
So many settings to wrap my wittle brain around! And one wrong move like moving a value up from .1 to 1,and BOOM, simulation screeches to a halt.... but so much fun.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]