Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By joshh
This is fantastic! I just noticed the car parked on the street in the background :lol:
By Josephus Holt
Tom, love what you did here, what appeals to me very much is that I get the impression you did this scene VERY quickly...like how long does it take to model a 200 poly building???

I do have one major issue with this though, and that is that it makes me feel like I'm in cg kindergarten....and I'm probably twice your age :wink:

Checking out Silo right now....this looks to be an incredible little modeling program...VERY easy to use and robust as well, and VERY reasonably priced! I've been thinking about doing a conceptual project that would include a number of houses along this line....Silo might be the perfect program to do the basic modeling very quickly.

Are the windows cut in or just "pasted" on the surface? Looks like you have an interior image map (curtains, lamp shade, etc) behind a glass plane?

I take it you have (or have access to) a very nice (architectural) material image library, or did you make your own as you were going along....I'm especially looking at the three houses you added.

Joe
By Josephus Holt
great explanation, thank you for posting that.

one more question (hope you don't mind...but you know things I need to learn/know), did you export the uv maps to Photoshop and then applied 2D bitmaps there, or ???

Thx again....I've got a project in mind to do where this process could be a huge help. Joe
By rusteberg
joe, don't mind at all.

uv maps are usually exported and then painted on in photoshop, yes.

but for the houses you mention, i simply found suitable images from the net and used them directly in silo.
since the houses are extremely low poly, i used the per face uvw option and moved each vertex within the uv2d view of silo to align with relative points in each photo that was assigned in the texture slot of different materials..... does this make sense?

if not, let me know and i'll be happy to post something that visually backs this up/walks you through the process once the forum's bandwidth slows down...
By Josephus Holt
got it, thanks....no need to take the time for the visual. appreciate your response. Joe
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]