Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By creativedesigners
This is my first completed scene. I used the new sss on the lamp shade. I would like to hear some feedback! What's good, what could use some improvement. My main focus was the lamp, I just through the rest together.
By lsega77
It's a very nice scene. Light quality is very good so I don't think you need to tweak anything there.

My suggestions would be to add some bevel to the frame and draw corners. Check the scale of the wall texture (just seem to big and makes the lamp feel really small to me).

Material wise, I think you're in good shape too. I think that's a very successful lampshade material.

Overall nice job! Just tweak a touch and I'd say you got yourself a sweet rendering!

Luis

PS - let the third one render longer.
By RonB
I think your lamp is wonderful! Best image of that type of light I can remember...very good. Share your findings and raise the level for all.

Cheers, Ron
By Hervé
cool.. nice try with the lamp...

I will soon unveil my new lamp shade trick.. with SSS.. :wink:
By tom
Very nice setup!
By creativedesigners
Thanks for the replies all! It is nice for a novice like me to receive such nice compliments.
The lamp was the only object that I modeled. The rest of the scene I set up in our design software Chief Architect. So yes it is all 90 deg edges, gives me quick way to set up a scene though.
Herve, I am looking forward to seeing your lamp shade trick! I just tried to keep mine true to real life. I modeled the shade with a plastic lining on the inside (applied the standard plastic sss to that, just changed the color). Then the corrugated geometry on the outside and took my best stab at a fabric sss. I was happy with it.

Trent
By bkjernisted
I have chiefarchitect x8 and maxwell 3.2. Trent are you able to give me some links on how to use Maxwell with chief architect? Thanks
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]