Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By DrMerman
Sounds good to me :) Off to find picture, time.....
By michaelplogue
Pietro Spampatti wrote:
SunlightRocker wrote:Correct me if Im wrong, but we are supposed to take a picture with our cam, or find an interior picture? Right?

Count me in, Its gonna be fun. I really want that cap. :D
Hi SunlightRocker, thanks to come in ...
about the question: yes

P.
Errr.... Does that me "yes" we have to take our own original photo, or does that mean "yes" we can use a photo/picture that we find (like in a magazine)????
By michaelplogue
:P
By glebe digital
michaelplogue wrote:
Errr.... Does that me "yes" we have to take our own original photo, or does that mean "yes" we can use a photo/picture that we find (like in a magazine)????
Problem here will be one of copyright, the source photo needs to be supplied also which means images from magazines/websites are probably a no-no.
:?
By jdp
michaelplogue wrote:Errr.... Does that me "yes" we have to take our own original photo, or does that mean "yes" we can use a photo/picture that we find (like in a magazine)????
I guess that yes means both. you can pick a ref photo or take a shot on your own, just do what you like the best.
glebe digital wrote:Problem here will be one of copyright, the source photo needs to be supplied also which means images from magazines/websites are probably a no-no.
Confused
not an expert in this field but if we give proper credit to the photo owner and to the magazine/publisher it might be enough...
By 4 HeRo
Pietro Spampatti wrote:6) All of scene materials must be uploaded in the mxm gallery, otherwise you’ll be excluded from contest.
Point 6 at the moment is stopping me from entering :(.
The interior i'm working on at the moment has around 30-40 materials and is not yet finshed,
so to render every material and upload them is gonna take me forever...
plus the issue of copyright as well.

Cheers

John
By glebe digital
jdp wrote: not an expert in this field but if we give proper credit to the photo owner and to the magazine/publisher it might be enough...
Hi jdp, I can see what you mean but I think 'maxwellrender.it' want to use the source image plus the render for promotional use, magazines will require full copyright clearance in my experience, competitors won't have the authority to release this. :?

And the MXMs are another issue [as 4hero says].........gonna be a lot of work to submit for this challenge!.........I don't really have the time, but I'll be interested to see the submissions. :)
By jdp
glebe digital wrote: Hi jdp, I can see what you mean but I think 'maxwellrender.it' want to use the source image plus the render for promotional use, magazines will require full copyright clearance in my experience, competitors won't have the authority to release this. :?

And the MXMs are another issue [as 4hero says].........gonna be a lot of work to submit for this challenge!.........I don't really have the time, but I'll be interested to see the submissions. :)
ok, I got it, but as far as I can imagine the material involved for promotion will be the submission entry and not the reference photo. that said I really don't know whether a digital replica of an existing copyrighted photo can be considered as an infringement or not.

I am taking a wild guess here but perhaps competitors can release everything under the submission requirement and leave to maxwellrender.it/pietro the responsibility for the published material.
In other word the artist will be only responsible, and gives rights to be published, for its original creation and every other material submitted (models, custom mxm, custom maps and textures, etc.) giving responsibility regarding copyrighted material to the publisher [in this case Maxwellrender.it], freeing itself from every possible infringement.

Anyway pietro is a precise guy so I swear he can sort out these issues as soon as he get the time to read it. I'll try to see what he says in maxwellrender.it and if he can clarify it for us.
By Pietro Spampatti
Answer about reference foto:
all the participants can use own photographies or images from other source (for example from magazine). In the second case it does not have to make the upload of image autorization for the reference scene but it must specify from where the image comes: in case of victory maxwellrender.it it will publish the reference scene under the own responsibility only once and only in order to demonstrate the correspondence of the images

Answer about point 6 of rules:
sorry but the rules can't change: All of scene materials must be uploaded in the mxm gallery, otherwise you’ll be excluded from contest.

P.

p.s. thanks jdp
Last edited by Pietro Spampatti on Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 4 HeRo
Pietro Spampatti wrote: Answer about point 6 of rules:
sorry but the rules can't change: All of scene materials must be uploaded in the mxm gallery, otherwise you’ll be excluded from contest.

P.
Thats a shame :( I could do with a new cap...
Count me out then, rendering 40 odd materials to upload will take far to long.

Good luck to everyone who enters

Cheers

John
By Pietro Spampatti
4 HeRo, why you do not choose the scene according to the time that you can dedicate to the contest ? if you start from a minimal interior scene with a good appeal you don't have to make 40 materials

for example:
Andretto works
http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... highlight=

another example (less materials):
elle decor italian edition - september 2006 - year 17 number 9
decor news page 45

P.
By DrMerman
I agree, plus I'm sure that if someone makes an awesome scene, but gets stuck on the material render side of things, some people will offer to help them out (I know I will.) Come on 4hero, the more the merrier :D

(That scene by andretto still amazes me every time I see it. Crazily good :shock: )
By 4 HeRo
Ok if I can find a picture then I will play :D

Of to start my search
By Pietro Spampatti
4 HeRo wrote:Ok if I can find a picture then I will play :D

Of to start my search
good, very good :D

P.
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]