Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By Mihai
There is still the issue of uploading all the materials, so we can't use any textures from commercial collections? That's pretty bad, it's difficult for me to avoid using any of these textures, which are also usually of higher quality so that could make the final image quality suffer.

Perhaps if you change this rule to a guideline to ask people to upload the most materials they can.
By michaelplogue
Mihai wrote:There is still the issue of uploading all the materials, so we can't use any textures from commercial collections? That's pretty bad, it's difficult for me to avoid using any of these textures, which are also usually of higher quality so that could make the final image quality suffer.

Perhaps if you change this rule to a guideline to ask people to upload the most materials they can.
I was just thinking this myself., The requirement that you must upload your scene plus all materials pretty much rules out using purchased textures or objects. It means that everything must be original works (textureing and modelling). Even a lot of freebee images and objects have restrictions on distribution, and the contest requirements would violate these rules.

Sorry guys, you'll have to count me out. I was actually considering submitting something, but I'm not about to create a whole new texture library from scratch, and I will not violate any copyright agreements.

I honestly have never heard of a rendering contest where all of the original scenes and textures have to be provided to the judges. Most unusual........ :?
By Tora_2097
Yeah, the longer I think about it the more strange it seems to me as well.
I have no problem with sharing materials and stuff, but this one appears more than a tad too harsh. I heard of contests in which you have been required to send in your geometry in for validation purposes, but I honestly never heard of a contest in which you actually have to sign a contract to be able to participate. :shock:
(Just found that one out)
By dd_
to me it seems like a sure fire way of getting loads of textures uploaded to a material site from a captive aduience. normally you produce the render win and have a high res image to be used for promotional images etc. having us all produce materials that MUST be uploaded to the maxwell material site just goes away from a contest and goes more towards building content. let alone actually sending in the file and scene too
im sorry but im out too
By Pietro Spampatti
OK guys, the sixth point for many is a problem so

CHANGE OF RULES
from this moment this point is eliminated:
6) All of scene materials must be uploaded in the mxm gallery, otherwise you’ll be excluded from contest.

if you will make the upload of the materials without texture under copyright it will be appreciated

...now I hope that you will come in :)

P.

p.s. we don't ask to sign a contract to partecipate, only an authorization to use the image for promotional use and we are committed to mention the name of the author... I think that is a serious way to do the things
Last edited by Pietro Spampatti on Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ivox3
:D
By Tim Ellis
I'm in for sure, more so now the mxm issue has been resolved.

I'll upload any materials that do not contain restricted textures etc, in my scene, to the mxm library.

Many thanks to all involved for this competition.

Good luck.

Tim.
By Pietro Spampatti
thanks Tim and welcome in :)

good luck

P.
By Pietro Spampatti
apple rumors: new ipod are near to become... I will update the prize if apple will update the ipod nano and shuffle...

P.
By Pietro Spampatti
welcome in mihai :)

P.
By pBarrelas
Let's see if i can get some time to dedicate to this contest.
By Pietro Spampatti
Prize Update (new Apple iPod):

P.
By pBarrelas
Thanks for updating the iPod!!
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]