Not there yet? Post your work in progress here to receive feedback from the users.
By Tim Ellis

Free model from 3DWorld magazine, test bed for a decent bone material.

No sss yet as I can't find a good setting, so just maps & bsdf layers for the moment.

If any one can please suggest a good sss setting for bone, I'll re-render.

HDRI lighting with a single emitter plane above the model. Each rendered at 1000x1000 for approx 8hrs. Can't recall SL. :oops:

Crits & comments welcomed.

Cheers,

Tim.
By superbad
I must admit I haven't handled a lot of bones, but it seems like it should be whiter, smoother, and glossier. It's also missing those fissures where the skull plates join up. Maybe give the dude a gold tooth? These are going to be cool renders when they're done- the lighting and detail are great.
By SunlightRocker
Tim, You Maxwelled him before me. I think its looking really nice.

In the next issue, lets take one of the free models, share it to everyone here and have a competition. :D
By Tim Ellis
superbad wrote:I must admit I haven't handled a lot of bones, but it seems like it should be whiter, smoother, and glossier. It's also missing those fissures where the skull plates join up. Maybe give the dude a gold tooth? These are going to be cool renders when they're done- the lighting and detail are great.
With these two I was trying to give the 'just dug up' look, rather than a clean polished finish. Will work on a new texture map for the fissures and he did have a gold tooth, but it's silver in these two renders.
SunlightRocker wrote:Tim, You Maxwelled him before me. I think its looking really nice.

In the next issue, lets take one of the free models, share it to everyone here and have a competition.
Good call mate, that would be great. I tend to use these free models for material testing, saves a lot of time.
j_man wrote: 'Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio'!

J.

nice skull BTW
:D yeah but I knew him well. ;)
adamwade wrote: Just after a Predator steam clean.
Cheers mate, you've just given me a great idea. ;)

I'll run some more tests today.

Cheers,

Tim.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]