By Nils2005
hmm, this is actually a mxw studio thing, not sure where to post it, so here it
is:

- has anyone any idea of what 'projections' are?

I tried it but I dont know what it's supposed to do plus when I tried it hid all of
the objects...
By Nils2005
BTW:

The multi subobject material seems to crash 3ds max altogether (using version 8 )

In mxw studio however, you can select faces (say for instance of a cube) and
apply a different material to each side.
By x_site
:: gosh looks like MR plugin for max is a mine field.... ouch :oops:
By Nils2005
oh yeah it is :D

This is odd btw: tried this old file I rendered before with the beta version. It
uses multi/subobject maps and even now 3ds max doesnt crash, but when i
tried creating a new one it did...

I ll put the beta rendered image here first then the rc rendered one ( test
render 4 min)

By Nils2005
sorry sorry multi/sub-object does work !

I did something wrong before - screwed up with themat id numbers.... ie 1, 3 and 6 doesnt work when there's 6 sides with 6 id's.

this works:

multi/subobject material with 3 mxw diffuses, id's 1 , 2 , 3.

By deesee
yeah, I was going to say, multi-sub is working for me.
By Jason Jacobs
The plugin is "working"? I'd say you guys are the ones working. I can't beleive how cheery you are considering we just took a giant freakin' leap backwards. The new features in the viewer would be exciting if things actually worked. And I'm not thrilled at all with the thrown-together UI. I'll let you guys keep on smiling, blazing trails, and pioneering your way through the crap and I'll go back to the functional beta.

Good luck?
By deesee
Hey Jason, I hear ya. I'm not cheery though, just thick-headed. Masochist even. :D :D
By Nils2005
uhm, PJP, this is through 3ds max plug-in...

hmm,

render time: 25 min
reached s.l. 12

long time, still noisy might be due to selfmade hemisphere/skydome.
By Nils2005
it's the same error/trick thingy as before I think:
In 3dsmax material editor change emitter
- type to custom
- value to 100000 and units to W/m^2
its all to do with the emitter object you use (how large it is) and play around with the value settings of the W/m^2...
By smeggy
you can open Studio and create your materials and export them as MXM files that load into Max's mat editor. Just look on Studio as an external material maker and viewer.
By Mark 3d Mark
mesh wrote:well guys(for those who don't know y 'mxcl' don't start), confirmed that u have to add the path under the Environment Variables, not inside max itself

MAXWELL_ROOT
C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell\

Path
C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell\mxcl

this seems to work AFTER i've added it in...but, when i open my previous beta version to continue rendering, it just render 'black' ....well do we have to RE-ASSIGN all over again? one thing, one of the files the render previews comes out black and white...strange? seems few things aren't working properly yet it seems...or just that we don't know how to set the settings?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN MAXWELL_ROOT HOW DO I DO THIS BIT?

THANKS
By deesee
Mark, with RC2 this is solved, no need to go into environment variables at all. Download RC2 and you should be good to go.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]