By weetie
I'm a Maxwell newbie & still learning how to use the plugin with 3DS Max.
How do I get the displacement to work for the Maxwell materials?
For example: I modeled a sphere & put the "round rocks" material on it that I downloaded from the Think website. I put a spherical UWV map on the sphere & rendered it in Maxwell Render. It comes up as a flat material - no bumping, no displacement.
What am I doing wrong?

Also, is there a way to post images to the group? I have a screen capture of my settings that I was going to post

Thanks
By JTB
weetie wrote:I'm a Maxwell newbie & still learning how to use the plugin with 3DS Max.
How do I get the displacement to work for the Maxwell materials?
For example: I modeled a sphere & put the "round rocks" material on it that I downloaded from the Think website. I put a spherical UWV map on the sphere & rendered it in Maxwell Render. It comes up as a flat material - no bumping, no displacement.
What am I doing wrong?

Also, is there a way to post images to the group? I have a screen capture of my settings that I was going to post

Thanks
Better post some images... There is no way to attach images, you have to upload the images somewhere, there are many sites... Try divshare.
By weetie
Ok, I've posted a screencap on divshare

http://www.divshare.com/download/5750619-5c1

I've got an image of the material from the material editor & below it is a render of the material applied to a sphere.
To create/apply the material I selected Maxwell Material, browsed to the MXM & left all the defaults.
The sphere is the default settings. The UWV map modifier is set to spherical, fitted to the sphere.
I tried making the poly count on the sphere really high, putting a displace modifier on it, & applying the displacement map from the material. It made it vaguely lumpy but didn't look like I was heading in the right direction to be using the material the correct way.
Any help is greatly appreciated.[/url]
By Bogdan Coroi
Check your sphere in object properties | rendering control | display properties, if you have motion blur set to "By layer". If so, set it to "By Object" and also Motion Blur to "None".
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]