By contact7
The new maxwell version looks impressive but crashes when I render scenes I worked on a few days ago (and rendered with previous version).

When I start a brand new scene it works fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
By Renato Lemus
It crashes here too, it's the max 8 plugin, I have tested on max 9, and works fine. Try deleting your old camera, and create a new one, I have done that and it seems work.
By contact7
That was it. Thanks Renato. I had to delete all cameras, and then add a new one in order for it to work.

Thanks again...
By robinh
Same here max8 plugin crashes.
And working fine when I put new cameras and delete the old ones.
By numerobis
ahh ok... thanks for the info. had the crash with an old scene too. (max8 + mxw64bit)
just tested it again with a new camera and it worked :D
By contact7
Since we solved this problem... Can I ask you if you have used the resume feature yet. From within Max I cannot find a way to enable it (it's always off). When I start to render it is off and if I stop the render and click the checkbox in MXCL, it goes off again.
Anyone....
By lpotamianos
ok, that should be sticky. It is quite difficult to find what is going on when max crashes. That camera thingy is really annoying!
By Renato Lemus
Seems that is a bug in the exporter. It gets confused with old cameras, because if you want to export a mxs , it crashes too.
By Bogdan Coroi
Bug confirmed. In order to make it work, after the old scene is loaded, one should replace the old camera with a new one. Rendering should work after this replacement.
This will be fixed in the next update.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]