By misterasset
I figured it was kinda wrong to keep using the "bug" thread for the old plug-in now that we have the new one, so I thought I'd start a wish list for the next update which I believe is supposed to follow "soon." I only have two but feel free to add to the list.

1. Can we please have the Environment Settings back to "Day, Month, Year" format instead of "Day of the Year" format. It's kinda annoying having to figure out what day number September 3rd is. Thanks.

2. Can we add a Path in the Maxwell tab of the Options menu that allows you to specify the default location that 3dsMAX looks when clicking the "Import MXM..." or "Browse Library..." buttons in the material editor. All of my materials are stored on a network drive and it's slightly annoying to have to navigate there each time I open 3dsMAX.

No bugs, just wishes. Good work on this round of the plug-in.
By x_site
can we also have some progress regarding compatibility with max own material editing features...
more specifically with BLEND and TOP/DOWN etc...
i definitely would like to see the previous issues implemented... by the way thanks for the latest updates, my stress levels are gradually coming down
:wink:
By Bogdan Coroi
1. Can we please have the Environment Settings back to "Day, Month, Year" format instead of "Day of the Year" format. It's kinda annoying having to figure out what day number September 3rd is. Thanks.
The next update will have all these implemented this way.
2. Can we add a Path in the Maxwell tab of the Options menu that allows you to specify the default location that 3dsMAX looks when clicking the "Import MXM..." or "Browse Library..." buttons in the material editor. All of my materials are stored on a network drive and it's slightly annoying to have to navigate there each time I open 3dsMAX.
We'll consider this for a next update.
can we also have some progress regarding compatibility with max own material editing features...
more specifically with BLEND and TOP/DOWN etc...
The priorities for the next builds are the Architectural materials. If there is a way to translate Blend&Top/Bottom materials, we'll consider them for a future update.
By misterasset
Nuno, thanks for the resource.

Bogdan, thanks for the response, news, and hard work. Can't wait for the update.
By vansan
Thanks NL for your exellent work! And HNY!

Just wanted to ask for maxscript support for every layer of the m~w-material. For now I can't create a material with 2 or more customized layers by maxscript commands. The wizard is able to do this, why can't I?
That's not very cool for my material converter scripting.
By casey
Please please please bring back the MXM reference material!!

- Casey
By paaco
Yes - please bring back the possibility to reference MXM:s!!
By michaelplogue
In regards to referenced MXM, I actually prefer how it is now. Many times I will use the same material in different scenes, but slightly tweaked for each case. With the referenced system, if I tweaked a material, it changed for all of the scenes that used it. I really don't like that! I much prefer to be able to export a "baseline" material as an MXM - as you can now - and tweak it to your hearts content for whatever the situation calls for.

Please DO NOT bring back referenced material, unless it's a secondary option to the current system (ie. in addition to having an "import" option, add a "link" or 'referenced' option as well).
By Duncan
Bogdan Coroi wrote:The priorities for the next builds are the Architectural materials. If there is a way to translate Blend&Top/Bottom materials, we'll consider them for a future update.

Hi Bogdan,
Will you be doing both Architectural materials ?
I'd prefer the Mental Ray one (Arch & Design 3dsmax9.0 ) as its the one I use most of the time.

I'd like to see 3dsmax Daylight system working with Maxwell too:)

cheers
By Aji Enrico
Max matte/shadow material?
By vansan
Hello!
One more thing, I just need blowup rendering mode working inside 3dsmax, as I started using this great tool. :o
It's working with mostly all other renderers, supporting blowup render mode in 3dsmax.
By subspark
How about having the scene units scale comparison back. a spinner with the label scene isn't very usefull.

Cheers.
By Fernando Tella
subspark wrote:How about having the scene units scale comparison back. a spinner with the label scene isn't very usefull.

Cheers.
I read somewhere that scene scale is not working as before. If your scene is modelled to scale that spinner should be set to one. Maxwell translates the scene units to maxwell meters automatically depending on the units you set in max. That spinner should only be touched if your scene is not to scale.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]