All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
G'day

Not sure where to post this but i drop it here anyways, i'm doing the renaming of all these materials now and while doing that i stumbled upon these files which are very much similar to those .ior files inluded with RC2 in the Complex IOR dir. The difference is small, so i'm curious to if it would be somehow possible to make use of similar files found on the web with some small tweaking adapting them for use with Maxwell so it reads them and understands them :)

Here's the link..
http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~fredrih/diplom/nkdb/

These files on the web are just labeled differently (.nk) and they're missing one line of info at the very bottom, other than that they seem to have the very same data stored in them. Now these gotta be usable.. or am i guessing wildly again.. :P

/ Max
By max3d
I see what you mean Maximus. Great find. Could you contact the site owner and get in contact with this fredrih to know what these descriptions stand for? I could try but my Swedish is limited to knackebrot or is that Danish?
By Mihai
Dennis: Huh ? alright
There's a help file in that dir (sort by size) it has the real names of all the materials :) I'm rendering Aluminum oxide 2 now :)

But it don't work too gooood....maybe it needs to be added on top of another bsdf.....
edit: oops I had it applied to all scene objects...
Last edited by Mihai on Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hervé
well I don't se any names in the help file.... could you link it..? :cry:

thanks
By Mihai
It's there in the dir Hervé, a 359kb size file in Windows help format (.hlp), just sort the dir by size (press Size button twice).
By Hervé
hey Max... did I said thanks ... nope... so thanks.... (I'm all upside down...) :roll: :wink:
By Hervé
....mmmmm is it that...? if so then forget...

"File Format:

The different NK files are in ASCII format (*.NK files). The first number
indicates the spectral unit (1 = eV, 2 = µm, 3 = cm-1, 4 = nm ).
The second and the third ones indicate the spectral range and the fourth
one the number of intervals. The N and K values are then stored in the order
N,K,N,K..."
By Mihai
Hervé, go get some coffee :P

Repeat:
It's there in the dir Hervé, a 359kb size file in Windows help format (.hlp), just sort the dir by size (press Size button twice).
By zoppo
Mihai Iliuta wrote:
There's a help file in that dir (sort by size) it has the real names of all the materials :) I'm rendering Aluminum oxide 2 now :)
where? there is a help.txt - but there are no names in it ...
By Olivier Cugniet
thank's Max, i'll see how to use them.... didn't get very much into this new material editor.... hope to get a doc soon.... :D
By Hervé
Zoppo, go get some tea.... :wink:
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]