All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
Just out of interest can the NL team give a rough date for the patch release. I only ask as i depserately need to complete a piece of work by thursday and the clipmap is essential to this. Should i wait for a few more days or convert it all for use with mental ray :?:
By Thomas An.
If we keep rushing them to give firm release dates and make them nervous all the time... we will keep getting broken and buggy releases.

I don't like this pressure games that we play... good things come to those who wait :wink:
By Mihai
If it's any help, the clipmaps seemed to work better in the latest alpha release (although still not working correctly with sunlight). If you need to use clipmaps for an outdoor scene, I think you'll need to wait a bit. All these new high priority bugs need to be fixed first I guess.....
By rivoli
i'm 100% with you on this thomas (it doesn't mean philip is rushing them, i'm not referring to anyone in particular, rather this is just a general consideration), i could have gone on with the old alpha with no problem. i don't really like this new road map nl gave out, i thought they would need more time to deliver version 1.0, october sounds a bit early to me.
i'd much prefer a slowly developed but solid application, a renderer you can count on, knowing exactly how it would behave in any given situation than a "we must deliver as soon as possible no matter what" application.
i'd really like if the guys at NL took their time developing maxwell, unexpected things might happen, and they might take time to be worked out.
By Thomas An.
:twisted: :twisted: I vote to move the release date from October 2005 to May 2006 :twisted: :twisted:

The Maxwell code should be so clean to achieve a U17 "low-bug-particulates" rating :lol:
http://cms.3m.com/cms/GB/en/2-47/lerrEZ/view.jhtml
By philipbruton
Dudes i wasn't rushing anyone just a simple question there to be answered or not, instead i'm bombarded with your comments which i don't mind but i didn't want.
I agree that patients is the key here and ofcourse it's sunday, i was posting now because i was online and it was on my mind. I have no problem coping without this patch, i'd def prefer time taken over it to make it schweet :wink:
So no more comments from anyone please apart from NL team if they have a date othewise it's totally, completely and damn right fine with me if they havn't.

Thankyou :!:
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]