All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
Since v1.1.10 I noticed that Maxwell would not accept textures applied from others programs. So I knew that Maxwell's plug-in will do the task to export geometry in mxi format. I thoutt to my self, there are at least twenty programs to make 3d objects and only three universal formats: dwg, obj and 3ds, wose work very fine in any platform. So, why NL chose the longer way? :)

Greetings
By Becco_UK
I personally like Maxwell's file format - it seems to contain more than just Geometry info'. I thought it contained all the scene info, camera setting, lighting, materials etc.

DWG files can be a nightmare for some people to import. 3ds files are old and limited how big they can be and .obj files are now anything but universal (there are slight differences between exporting software that raises compatibility issues + the material file isn't always written correctly by exporting software).

Perhaps we now have a new universal format - Maxwells' mxs!
By Mihai
yes, i've had most success with fbx....the others are either old and dumb (3ds), too unreliable (dwg), or too limited (obj).
By Sergio Apodaca
Good. Does currently programs export to a fbs format? If it does, thats what I mean. I think is better import fbx from Maxwell than create plug-ins for each program. If it does not than forget it.

Greetings
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]