All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By pluMmet
Thank you NL for releasing the Beta on time. It clear that it needs more work and the decision to put it out as is must have been hard. The bugs seem to be piling up. Speed has come at a price (at least temporarily.) We have faith in the process and I look foreword to using the beta in the future. Right now though it's to buggy for the clean images of the alpha so I'll be using the alpha for a little while longer. But I am glad to have seen where we are in the process.

By victor
A new patch is expected next week. Interacting with the community is part of the process.
By Intuition
Yes, I agree with the sentiments. I really appreciate NL for trying this process out. We get to give feedback along the programs development.

The NL team, and us, will come out on top for having such rigorous testing and feedback. In the end Everyone will end up with a top notch render engine that will be the one by which all others are compared.

The veritable BMW M3 series of the render engines.

:D

No complaints here. Only feedback which I hope is useful as I discover things. Thanks.
By Micha
pluMmet wrote:Thank you NL for releasing the Beta on time. It clear that it needs more work and the decision to put it out as is must have been hard. The bugs seem to be piling up. Speed has come at a price (at least temporarily.) We have faith in the process and I look foreword to using the beta in the future. Right now though it's to buggy for the clean images of the alpha so I'll be using the alpha for a little while longer. But I am glad to have seen where we are in the process.

Hmm, I don't understand all the people how are happy about a "beta". A Beta, which is not so much better than an alpha and use the old alpha now again and are happy. I feel, the beta is only a new alpha, many features are missing and it is buggy. Is it realy the name, what you makes happy?

For me the true is, the beta come out in the next weeks. Let us be realistic, the developing process is hard and need more time as thought. If the user make to much pressure to the team, we got a beta called final release with thousend patches in october.
By beppeg
I'm a cinemaxwell osx user, so no mach happy with the beta rigth now, but I don't agree with Micha.
The beta comes with very important new features for me:
more speed, sss, textured emitters and real-time interactive exposimeter.
I expect a patch for the next week and if they resolve the stability problems, why don't be happy for the beta?

For me is like we are living a piece of 3d rendering history :)

Sorry for my terrible english :oops:
By Micha
[quote="beppeg"]I'm a cinemaxwell osx user, so no mach happy with the beta rigth now, but I don't agree with Micha.
The beta comes with very important new features for me:
more speed, sss, textured emitters and real-time interactive exposimeter.
I expect a patch for the next week and if they resolve the stability problems, why don't be happy for the beta?...[quote]

Hmm, more speed? Some people don't belive it.
SSS? Only for thin objects.
Textured emitter? Only low dynamic range and no support of the standard image formats. In Rhino, I can not change the color of the emitter.
The only good thing for me - less memory usage. And I belive, Maxwell will be great render engine in the future.
By rivoli
Adam Trachtenberg wrote: Why dwell on semantics?
semantic is a powerful tool, the lawyer within you should know this.
By Mihai
You know I don't think people realize that this "little thing in speed improvement" actually is a major thing. I think it took them a lot of time working on the very base of the Maxwell core. Some don't believe it because they tried it on only a couple of images? A better test would be to render 6 months worth of images on both alpha and this beta, and add up the time saved.....then maybe you'll appreciate it more....

Memory optimisations and speed increase were on the top of the list and they delivered...
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]