All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By VisualImpact
All Buffos is saying IMO is that in the past, Beta has meant by most other software companies a certain thing and next limit have moved the goal posts and given it a new meaning. For them to move from alpha to beta on what they have released compared to the alpha I struggle with. I personally don't really care what they call each release either.
Although I think the fear for me here with calling this Beta and sticking to a final release date for now, in october, is that maybe they are trying so hard to develop this software that they have lost a bit of communication about what is realistic time schedules and release dates. ( I am not saying that this is the facts, only what my fears are) I have some pretty big decisions to make regarding my business and Maxwell's use in the next 12 months as to its usability, what is in this "Beta" version compared to what we thought was suggested would be in it is a out of whack quite a bit IMO.
I totally identify that what Next Limit are doing is nothing short of amazing and I am forever greatful for them breathing a gust of fresh air into what I do every day, but as a paying customer of a Beta version software, I too would like to know a bit more about where we will end up before we go and call it Beta or start talking about final releases.
By MetinSeven_com
mverta wrote:Great...

Another useless thread on another board. Complaining about the definition of "beta" doesn't help make Maxwell a better product in any way.

You want to be useful? Then post your bugs, as detailed as you can, and shut up.
You're right Mike, let's all stop exchanging our experiences here, blindly install every update right away and then only post the bugs that ruined our deadline jobs. I'm sure everyone agrees around here and thank you for your enlightening contribution to this thread.
By Mihai
I don't understand, those arm images with sss are yours, you've tested the beta also...... :?: :?
By MetinSeven_com
Nope, my arm was used with permission, but I didn't perform the SSS tests. :) Oscar did 'em.

Didn't know about the webpage yet.

Cheerio,

Metin

P.S.: Didn't know you're Spartacus either. ;)
By mverta
MetinSeven_com wrote:You're right Mike, let's all stop exchanging our experiences here
I never suggested this; merely keeping your beta posts to bug reports, instead of useless whining which doesn't help anybody. Get a psychiatrist to discuss your life's disappointments with.
MetinSeven_com wrote:blindly install every update right away
I sure as hell never suggested this. What's this got to do with anything?
MetinSeven_com wrote:and then only post the bugs that ruined our deadline jobs.
You're using an alpha/beta for deadline production work? Thank God I'm not your client.

_Mike
By Robbe K
Hi Metin!!! This is Robbe K! I have been testing maxwell beta 1.2 for awile now and I like it a lot! Just try it. It is always possible to uninstall the beta and reinstall 1.33! It is a matter of seconds! I rerendered an old project and the look is indeed different. In my case the DOF was different, but it is faster and in my book a way up! I had to use a different fstop and shutterspeed to fix some of the blur and looked great afterwards!

Good luck and don't worry!

Robbe K
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]