All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By Bubbaloo
Apologies to you, Rafal. Now I understand this thread to be for fun, but before I thought you were just trying to find problems so you can say "Look, your software is broken, and I found a way to break it. I am so smart. Good luck finding the problem and fixing it!"

Thank you guys for helping me see the value in this kind of experimentation.
By zdeno
Bruce Lee wrote:Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
Respect Brian
No hard feelings? I hope ;)
tom wrote:AFAIK current MXED is not listing files having HDRI suffixes, is it not enough?
I don't know if I understood correct, but I think MXED never listed this kind of files, but to not waste anyone time anymore.
In some free time I would upload some new 2.x and just play with simball again to find answers.
By tom
zdeno wrote:
tom wrote:AFAIK current MXED is not listing files having HDRI suffixes, is it not enough?
I don't know if I understood correct, but I think MXED never listed this kind of files, but to not waste anyone time anymore.
In some free time I would upload some new 2.x and just play with simball again to find answers.
Renaming mxed.exe as mxed.raw and opening in PS looks like that... you knew it, right? :)
By bograt
Hey Zdeno, Have I understood this correctly, is the final metallic 'flycatcher' material essentially creating a kind of noise to create a kind of car paint effect?
Looks nice, I was thinking about a similar technique to create a kind of car paint effect as I always noticed in the old days how in vray a lower subdivision on semi matt metallic surfaces looks more sparkly than with higher values
By zdeno
sorry for late answer

Just downloaded 2.7

Looks like there is still possibility to put manualy .hdr files into bitmap slot

here is dh207.hdr in REFL 0 slot and roughness 100

here is dh207.hdr in Roughness slot

Looks beautifull doesn,t it ?

but be carefull during plaing with this kind of files

there are many variations and funny effects . just try it.
tom wrote: Renaming mxed.exe as mxed.raw and opening in PS looks like that... you knew it, right? :)
No Master. I did not catch that one. But many thanks. Now decompiling core would be much easier in graphic mode ;)
bograt wrote:Hey Zdeno, Have I understood this correctly, is the final metallic 'flycatcher' material essentially creating a kind of noise to create a kind of car paint effect?
Looks nice, I was thinking about a similar technique to create a kind of car paint effect as I always noticed in the old days how in vray a lower subdivision on semi matt metallic surfaces looks more sparkly than with higher values
I don't know exactly how it works . but I think there are many pixels in .hdr that are greater than 0-1 level so it looks like interpolation does all this tricks. but why refl 0 slot with .hdr map causes dislocation of mesh ? I don't know, some texels travels through time?
I think NL knows 100 times more than me.
By tom
Users bypassing file extension filter and puzzling the engine using invalid formats cannot be something we really worry about. Feel free to abuse and enjoy! ;)
By zdeno
tom wrote:Users bypassing file extension filter and puzzling the engine using invalid formats cannot be something we really worry about. Feel free to abuse and enjoy! ;)
Thank You my Master. So I would still have my sick UberTroll fun ;)
By feynman
Cor blimey! I quite fancy that T-Shirt. Is better than Malevich's black square.
tom wrote:Renaming mxed.exe as mxed.raw and opening in PS looks like that... you knew it, right? :)
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]