All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By zdeno
Hi all maxwellians !
There is so much new in our unbiased world this day, new versions and new servicepacks and rendernode pricing horror ;)

But , i remember in beta days one user (i think Tom) gave some tricky questions about materials in maxwell. All forum users trying their best to solve those quests. I hope I can give You one to solve , just like in those happy days!

There is a material I made , it has only ONE BSDF. rendered on FAST SIMBALL scene, in 1.7 and 2.0 version
enjoy!

There is standard material with roughness 0 (check specular refletions of emmiter)

and here is THE MYSTER (of course I did not change anything in scene - only material
By knurrebusk
This depth must be possible to transfer to flat diamond like areas on large scale!
Sounds impossiple, but with the new materials perhaps this can be done.

Endless possibileties ahead, multilight combined with multimaterial is a bomb.

Not even Iray will be able to do this in real time, mix this with userbase de perfecto used for all there is, Maxwell is still the king.

I´m bipolar/epileptic so why not listen to me he he, tend to jump over details, but in the long run I´m not to far off.
By zdeno
Bubbaloo wrote:What I want to know is, where did the text go that was on the Simball base?
It is ver.2.0 very known feature - in beta version there can not be any text or digits, like those photoshop wchic doesn,t allow to work on dollars money scans ;)- but seriously, this two images was rendered on different rendernodes, and one map was missing and get from default path. It has nothing to do with this Riddle but with Riddle vol.2 !!

TOM - I saw your material , it is sweet, but all trick is in ONE BSDF only !!
By tom
I must admit it's a good question. :D The faceting makes me think there's a bump/normal map but it's hard to figure how could it look like. But, if that was not possible with 1.7, it also makes me think it could be related to Nd, K relation. You might also have pretty strange effects with that... Mmmmm...
By zdeno
tom wrote:The faceting makes me think there's a bump/normal map but it's hard to figure how could it look like.
wormer!
tom wrote:But, if that was not possible with 1.7
I am not very good in english, but there is misunderstundig (i think) this material is working in 1.7 and in 2.0, as a fact I treat this fenomenon as some sort of funny bug, and just waited to check if it will disapear in 2.0 version.

EDIT: oh dear GOD ! sorry Bubbaloo
zdeno wrote:is working in 1.7 and in 2.0
in 1.7.1 of course ;) BTW great leaves
By tom
zdeno wrote:I treat this fenomenon as some sort of funny bug, and just waited to check if it will disapear in 2.0 version.
It's time to report it then. :D
By zdeno
it will be pleasure to cross ours lightsabres ;) but in 1.7 please ;) sorry Bubb. 1.7.1

EDIT: mayby something like this. ultra saturated red plastic with sharp and clear specular reflection WITH ONE LAYER ONLY ! I have one of this ;) it was supposed to be MATERIAL RIDDLE vol.2 but I get excited ;)
By tom
P.S. This is not a bug at all ;)
zdeno wrote:it will be pleasure to cross ours lightsabres
I don't usually cross lightsabers with the students. 8)

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]