All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By m-Que
Hi,
I got some objects imported from Cinema4D into MaxwellStudio and they have a 'Multimaterial' tag.
Now, I wonder how exactly do I change those materials and how do I select an appropriate selection for a particular material.
So far I had no success - no matter what I do, I can't change/select them; It's just the tag that I see.

Thanks.
By JDHill
To change a group's material, you can just drag a different material and drop it on the group in the Triangle Groups list. To select the triangles in a group:

1. toggle-on the Triangles button in the main toolbar
2. select the desired object in the Objects window
3. select the desired group in Object Parameters > Triangle Groups

Is that what you were looking for?
By m-Que
Yep, this is exactly what I was looking for.
The Triangle Groups toolbar was hiding in very bottom-right corner. :D
Thanks a lot.

Just one more thing: Is it possible to select 2 and more triangle groups of the different objects at once and apply materials to them? Or I have to go one by one?
By JDHill
It might be, but I don't think so - maybe someone else knows. If the groups use the same material then it would be possible to embed a different mxm into that material and thereby change the material on multiple groups at once.
By m-Que
JDHill wrote:If the groups use the same material then it would be possible to embed a different mxm into that material and thereby change the material on multiple groups at once.
That is a very clever solution!
Thanks a lot, again!
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]