All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By wt4
Hi all! I just wanted to check if this is a bug or something, I've rendered a lot of images and this new render just won't start, I exported the file and opened maxwell render, all went well, did the voxelization with no errors! says Start Rendering and it's been about 12 hours, the render time is going up but it still says computing... with sl on 0 (there is enough ram for the image to render)

what could be the problem? Cheers
By wt4
Thanks for the feedback!

I'm not using displacements or intancing! and the texture path is fine!

anything else I could check out?
By tom
Can you give more information about your scene?

Resolution: _____
Polycount: _____
# of Objects: ____
# of Materials: ____
# of Textures: ____
Textures: ____ MB
MXS file: ____ MB

etc...
By wt4
Im only doing a low-res render at the moment to get approved!
it's 1500x1200 it will be going to a bigger size! later on!

textures are about 6mb in size!
about 56 shades in the scene, with 4 light's! (multi selected)
mxs files size 522 mb

Geometry:
- Num Meshes: 5344
- Num Triangles: 6495722
- Num Vertexes: 3288228
- Num Normals: 2570550
By choo-chee
I had a similar problem with a very big scene (about 1Gb) that had to be rendered on a 3Mb 64 bit PC. The time it took for the computer to make virtual ram took more than 24 hours .... but it started rendering (after 2 other PC's with more ram - finished ...)
By wt4
I have turned off the instances on the render dialogue, so there is no instances in the scene!
thank for the feedback choo-chee, I think it's a bug or something, now the problem is I need to render the job,
and I have a 8 core 64bit 8 gig ram machine, which should render the job fine, Im a bit stuck now, and not sure what to do!

Cheers
By tom
Create a default material (a single Lambertian BSDF) and assign to all objects in the scene except emitters. Turn off multilight and try rendering. If that works, we'll investigate materials and if not, we can continue simplifying process.
By wt4
Thanks a lot Tom! It started the render with Lambert shader! and multi light's!
at least I can diagnose for here on out, to find the problem!
Thanks again for everyone's help! Cheers
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]