All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
After rendering is over, both .png and .mxi (zipped) can be downloaded successfully - just like in instruction video.
But console keeps saying:
[XX:XX:XX] - Could not download file! (FILENAME)
[XX:XX:XX] - Could not download file! (FILENAME)
[XX:XX:XX] - Could not download file!
I had that too m-Que, so i tried downloading again and then it worked. Looks like it could be a bandwidth issue or something similar..

One thing that bothers me in the application is the progressbars, i know this sounds stupid but they only update in two steps, 50% and 100%. It's difficult to estimate how long a render will take, if the render got started, if a download/upload is finished and how long it's left until it's finished when the progressbar jumps such big steps. If it could update in 10% steps it would make it easier to estimate time required for these different operations.

/ Max
has RenderID but is not in Smedge
Could not download file! (FILENAME)
most problems appear if diffent user download the same file
that will automaticly fixed if each user have own account

upload error
could be the joker who delete uploading projects or bad connection between us

- is 'Multilight' supported?
yes
- is it possible to preview the image in the middle of the rendering process?
at the end of the "to do" list
- how exactly do I count the price of the render? Is there some faq or something on using 'Calculator'?
quick and dirty - set SL - start render local - after SL update you see the remaining time - use online calc.
a more better and easy estemate feature is in development

%progress bar
do you mean the DL ? - we rework that for the final
during render it is difficult to update the % - currently the limit is 20min per job so you know how long render need onced 60PC are working on the job
QuakeMarine1 wrote:has RenderID but is not in Smedge
Could not download file! (FILENAME)
most problems appear if diffent user download the same file
that will automaticly fixed if each user have own account

upload error
could be the joker who delete uploading projects or bad connection between us

- is 'Multilight' supported?
yes.....
If the ML feature is supported - how does it work? In your manual-video I see a possibility to choose which is not there in my version. Does the current version allow the adjustments after the rendering and downloading?

Good to know that the preview is only for finished renders. I was wondering why there is no display during render time.
currently updateing the system - account is locked temporarly

maxwell1.7 have a bug in cmd line
I can not disable ML if it is active in the file
I can enable it only but not disable so I hide the option until I am smarter

why you need to adjust the ML before downloading ?
you get the MXI so you can do what you need local
@all
please register on my webside and creat an account to test the system
http://www.rebusfarm.com/mein-rebus/reg ... ormat=html

a shared beta account produce to much troubble due to access writes and misusage

in case of problems contact me
I got one render to work fine but then when I downloaded it the image was fine but the mxi file wouldn't download.

With the other 3 .mxs files I've tried I get the following error

FarmManager: checkGuid failed: ventura_lower_perspective_16_full.mxp:

-Brodie
what file fail to download? (username?)

"ventura_lower_perspective_16_full.mxs" not existe in my farm
did you uploaded the job ?
keep in mind the "play" button is click able even the file is local (we fix it soon)

we also fixed another bug about textures and update the installer tmrw.
QuakeMarine1 wrote:what file fail to download? (username?)

"ventura_lower_perspective_16_full.mxs" not existe in my farm
did you uploaded the job ?
keep in mind the "play" button is click able even the file is local (we fix it soon)

we also fixed another bug about textures and update the installer tmrw.
doh! Yeah I think that was my problem, forgot to upload. I'll try again and report back

-Brodie
trying it here - it works fine at the moment with the separate account! But some message that if you delete the file from rebusfarm it will also be deleted from the rebusfarmdirectory on my harddisc - would be very helpful. Or don't delete it from my harddisc at all!

btw: Thanks a lot for this opportunity to test your service and render some of our scenes!
me again

could some creat a very small MXS with super heavy render stuff inside?
I not mean long rendertime due to high SL
I mean rendertime killers like (?) SSS, ML, transparencies, material settings, what ever ...

I am told by a user, it is not possible to render for resolution X and SL Y longer then Z hours
I cant belive so I need a test file

send me mail if file is in the farm or name the MXS reasonable like "HEAVY.mxs" and I will notice

thx
I sent 2 different projects and told the farm to render 5 of the cameras in each project. It seems to be working but it says it's rendering 119 frames for each of the 5 cameras in each of the projects (it's not an animation so I would expect a single frame/camera). When I download the completed files though it simply gives me 1 image file and an mxi file for each camera.

Am I doing something wrong perhaps?

-Brodie
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]