All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By Soth3d
Is there any solution to problem with perfect 'computer looking' edges? Something that will apply smoothing during rendering process like plugins F-Edge or EdgeSmoother.

The problem was mentioned 4 years ago in this post:
bewick wrote:I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been a greater interest in this particular feature. For all the photorealism Maxwell is able to achieve, I think the "geometric sharpness" of many otherwize realistic models in the gallery is such a giveaway.

If possible one can bevel the geometry manually, but sometimes the models are just too complex for that. And if you're working with CAD-models from an external source, then it is likely you are totally out of luck in this regard.

Here's an example from a project I'm involved in. I had to abandon Maxwell due to the fact that I wasn't able to use the plugin F-edge. I think the model looks relatively dull and flat in Maxwell without f-edge - plus it loses some of it's definition.

Thomas
By JorisMX
maxwell handles hipoly scenes pretty well and normally doesn't show any weaknesses compared to mediumpoly.
Atleast this way the case from my experience
SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]