All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By mverta
It makes the creation of all materials much easier, actually. Faster, more controllable. If you do anything approaching realistic materials, you'll soon forget how you lived without it. Also: clip maps are instantly painless.

_Mike
By osuire
Nicole, Mike,

Could you please tell me if the SS sub-surface-scattering has the same "gremlin laws" than the normal SSS ?
Meaning that if you feed them after midnight, or if they intersect with other geometry, you will get in trouble ?

Thanks.
By def4d
@Osuire :
Wait a few hours, and try again with the Huge size font (seems to work better)
For those who can't read Osuire, CTRL+ on firefox could help

Nice news, especially IES and HDR !

Still no news about the procedurals of course...
Last edited by def4d on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ricardo
itsallgoode9 wrote:THANK GOD FOR THE STACKED LAYERS

This will definitly make complex materials MUCH MUCH MUCH easier.
The one most important thing anounced so far.
By osuire
def4d wrote:@Osuire :
Wait a few hours, and try again with the Huge size font (seems to work better)
For those who can't read Osuire, CTRL+ on firefox could help.
Ca Roule :)
Last edited by osuire on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Maximus3D
That was a real nice piece of news! layered materials sounds interesting and like a powerful addition to Maxwell :) IES, this is also good stuff, something i never thought Maxwell would have.

One thing i'm wondering about is if sss and displacement can be used within these layered materials, can they ?
And i would also like to see more examples of the layered materials in action from the testers, i'm sure they created alot of juicy exampleimages with it on the betaforum.

Thanks Nicole for the good news :)

/ Max
By Cadhorn
IES lights!!!!!! OMG! i'm jumping for joy! that will save so much f*king around, i've just about killed myself on a few jobs trying to simulate light fixtures.
By Tea_Bag
Stacking layers Wow! Sounds interesting! Just to help me understand better in the image that showed the different layers Varnish, Rust,Wood I just want to know what is the relevance of the layer numbers 45,45,45 and 10,100 etc are these still percentages of each layer!? or does it work differently?

edit: - NL it would be good to also release a few of these new materials with V2 so we can play :)

ps Glad to see metal improvements are also present Nicely done NL!!! (see under quality tab page 7) :wink: - V2 is just getting better and better Thank you!
Last edited by Tea_Bag on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By brodie_geers
There seems to be another little easter egg under the Quality tab, page 7. I don't recall seeing that update on metal quality prior to this update.

I don't quite understand the HDRI updated page. Under version 1.7 after 15 minutes the HDR map turns out looking a lot like a starry night. After 15 minutes in version 2.0 it looks an awful lot like r2d2?

-Brodie
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]