All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
I want to render a large series of jobs in a queue (no network). the manual does not make me much wiser here, it assumes some command line knowledge which I don't have. a search here did not yield much useful information either.
can anyone give me a brief description on how this works?

tnx
wim
you should be able to run server and manager on the same machine and connect to it via mxcl window, using all the netrender options on your local machine.
asfaik the best way would be, to export your "queue" as animation from your host application if possible, otherwise you will have to send each render individually.
thanks polynurb, but how do I do this? nothing in the manual reveals this properly. at least not with my knowledge...

I tried to enter the following in the console:

mxcl.exe -server

but it returned 'command not found'

isn't there any comprehensive tutorial on this matter? consider I am an old guy please....

tnx
wim
hi wim,

i am sorry but i can't help you much more on this as i am running windows, but the functionality should be the same;
on windows there are icons for starting the manager and server ( the same as "mxcl.exe -manager/-server" under windows command promt)

you find the netrender on page 125 in the manual..

i hope this helps.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]