All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By tanguy
Her we render our scene at 10k and with 16gig each nodes, that is pretty easy or could be a nightmare, depend of the scene content and the size of your maps, blabla... So it really depend...
And think about the MXI merging, with big file around 6 gig each, start to be pretty complicated.

Tanguy
By JorisMX
I've experienced problems rendering fairly low res like printable A4 making the longest side 4724 pixels when using alot of hi-res maps for textures and weightmaps. So to support tanguys post, the dependancies really are wide and can cause alot of problems if you let something go out of bound.

Where to set the threshold for these things is more or less an experience thing, since everyone is using different setups in ram, cpu, os as well as different data with perhaps huge resolutions or incredibly high polycount or like in my case over 60 hi-res maps in one shot.

To avoid problems in the long run, suggest rendering your scene with render region in full res early to see if any problems occur allowing you to use rebus or ranch when your setup fails.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]