All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x

Which format do you prefer for tutorial videos?

DVD Video
6%
DVD-Rom (Downloadable)
94%
By mverta
During development of the next generation of Maxwell, we're looking at different options for providing tutorials. The question is, do you like having a regular DVD to watch, or do you prefer Quicktime-based, downloadable DVD-ROM content?

Thanks!

_Mike
By -Adrian
I don't understand the DVD-Rom part being the down-loadable option. Can you elaborate? I personally would prefer the download option, i find it more convenient than owning a DVD Case/Box that i have to take care of.

Luxology uses bittorrent for distribution, which works very well in peak times, like when a new version is released.
By Hervé
cool... but forget all non-downloadable solutions.. let's be "green"..
By ivox3
:mrgreen:
By Bubbaloo
Fernando Tella wrote:
mverta wrote:the next generation of Maxwell
Woo, sounds good. :D Please, elaborate on that. :mrgreen:
By the look of mverta's avatar, I think their plans for the future Maxwell are EVIL. :lol:

BTW, I think it's unanimous. Downloadable all the way.
By jespi
Add one more vote to downloadable.
By mverta
-Adrian wrote:I don't understand the DVD-Rom part being the down-loadable option.
It's mostly a question of having a traditional DVD format versus a series of Quicktime movies. Some people like traditional DVD's, because it's easier to play in parallel with the computer display... that sort of thing. I suppose you could make a download-and-burn DVD option, but at that point, it would probably make more sense to do Quicktimes, plus content, instead.

_Mike
By yanada
+1
By -Adrian
mverta wrote:I suppose you could make a download-and-burn DVD option, but at that point, it would probably make more sense to do Quicktimes, plus content, instead.
Yeah, plain ol' Quicktime movies in an archive should do just fine. I think that's what most have in mind.
By casey
Videos served in Flash H.264 seems like the obvious thing. That way you can just go to the web site and view the tutorials from any computer that can, say, use YouTube.

- Casey
By Luca_Studioaltieri
only downadable, in two versions per video: wmv & quicktime

and now "dreaming-about-the-next-generation-of-Maxwell mode: ON"

edit: Ops, i did a wrong click voting :(
By djflod
+1
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]