All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By adri
Hi

For those of us that don't have massive render farms to do our renders a really useful thing to have in mxcl would be a 'pause' button.

eg. say you have started a scene rendering and then realise you have to do something in photoshop. if you only have a single or dual core machine it's a real pain to try to use another bit of software while MW is rendering out the scene.

a quick click of a pause button and then do whatever it was you needed to do before hitting the pause button again to resume your render would be very helpful.

I know it's possible to resume a mxi but it really would save alot of time, especially if you're rendering straight from eg C4D as I am, to be able to just click a pause button in MXCL.

any chance????

TIA

Adri
By m-Que
"Resume render" is exactly what you're talking about:
Any time you need just hit "Stop" button and do whatever you need. When done, go to "render options", in MXI check the "resume" box and hit the "Render" button. That's it! The render continues. The whole process takes just a few seconds... no need to save or quit.
Btw, if you want to work with other software while Maxwell renders, just set the low priority to Maxwell Render. (or just change it to low only for that time you're working with something alse, then change it back to normal)
By adri
oops...

a la bladerunner -> 'then I'm stupid and I'll die...'
By Bubbaloo
If you're rendering from C4D, this might not work directly.
The mxi that you are writing from C4D will need to be able to find the original mxs.
Does C4D write the mxs to a temp directory and delete it after the render?
You might need to export it out to mxs in a folder of your choosing first to be safe.
That's what I have to do in Max (for now :D ).
By martgreg
Hi adri

You are aware that it is very un patriotic not to have a dual quad core with 8 gigs of ram .. :)

i don't have one but Santa claus may drop one down my chimney

you could also try rendering on low priority , if i am not mistaken this can help you out a little ..

that way you dont hav eto waste time reloading your mxi.. just work through it :)

hope this helps .. i hope i am not wrong with this info

:)
By ivox3
Quote of the week. ......lol.
You are aware that it is very un patriotic not to have a dual quad core with 8 gigs of ram .. :)

Yeah Adri, ... checking [low priority] will do what they say(and provide what you want), ... and it won't noticeably slow the rendertime.
It's your friend ! :lol:
By Bubbaloo
ivox3 wrote:Quote of the week. ......lol.
8 gigs is for amateurs.
Double that then we'll talk.
:lol:
By ivox3
Bubbaloo wrote:
ivox3 wrote:Quote of the week. ......lol.
8 gigs is for amateurs.
Double that then we'll talk.
:lol:
As long as you realize that your calling probably 7/8ths of this forum ------- amateurs. :lol:
By dmeyer
Mihai wrote:Wow. We still have threads from 2007.

Stop -> Change SL -> Start, choose to resume the render.

You could rebrand this as new 'feature' in next version.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]