All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By mverta
Hyltom -

Actually, if you change all those things, you probably won't "notice" anything - that's the point. I just wanted you to know you were spending energy/time tweaking parameters that didn't have much effect, so you can work a bit faster and more intuitively, that's all.

_Mike
By hyltom
mverta wrote:Hyltom -

Actually, if you change all those things, you probably won't "notice" anything - that's the point. I just wanted you to know you were spending energy/time tweaking parameters that didn't have much effect, so you can work a bit faster and more intuitively, that's all.

_Mike
You are right, but my problem is that i don't know so much what setting do what, so it's more like some experimentation (no real rule...just the bases), so for sure i waste of time. Lucky for me i don't have to generate a lot of material. :oops:...and maybe i'm kind of obsessive compulsive person :wink: :D

Here is a picture to compare both material

New floor material, base on Mike's adjustment
http://www.divshare.com/download/2439887-412
By mverta
In my material video #2, I actually go over the relationships between reflectance/roughness and nd in detail, if you want to really understand how those things affect each other!

_Mike
By bjorn.syse
Hyltom,

don't you ever use any other emitters when using this setup? I find the light taking out much of the detail and bump. I wonder if a front emitter would solve that by adding some reflections/highlights... ?

- björn
By hyltom
No i don't...well not when i was using this kind of setup. But as you, i also notice that this setup flatten the product, it's why i don't use it anymore. A front emitter will definitely bring more contrast, highlights...
Also, if you are interested, i have others versions of the home made LDR with different lighting setup...but i' m not sure all can give the white background.
By bjorn.syse
I'm very much interested. I havent tried using images for lighting until now, but what i see I like. Soo easy to setup now with the new Rhino plugin aswell.

- Björn
By martgreg
I would love to see you set ups.. the thing with me is even though i am getting better its still sometimes hit and miss if the scene looks good.. very frustrating so if i can see other peoples i can see if i am at least on the right path...

By Mihai
Personally it has helped me a lot to just look at photography sites and see how they lit different scenes. It's surprising sometimes how simple a setup is, the key is getting the size of the emitter (or softbox in their case) right and it's distance from the object. Most of the info you find can be directly applied in Maxwell.

www.strobist.com
http://www.photoflexlightingschool.com/ ... index.html

etc... :)
By bjorn.syse
Thanks Mihai. Good links. Here's my go at your setup Hyltom:

- Björn
By Calico Jack
BTW.. I started while ago a new topic(http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... hp?t=25067)at Wish List.
I know that many clients want those white images from their products and it's been quite complex to make those with MR.. well vignetting helped a little but it's still quite tricky. Can it be so hard to put that option in MR.. I don't know. But I do know that IT COULD BE VERY USEFULL!!! :twisted:
By giacob
very usefull thread.... would be nice if all the people who knows good phototgraphy site would share it as Mihai kindly did
By hyltom
bjorn.syse wrote:Thanks Mihai. Good links. Here's my go at your setup Hyltom:

- Björn
Looks good to me...maybe try to decrease the shutter speed a little bit more to get the white background
By bjorn.syse
yep, good point. Might loose the top of the cube though..
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]