All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By wagurto
I remember a render done by Maya69 long ago where she shown and fisheye lens to capture an spherical image of the site.
Can someone point in the right direction of how to take a picture of the site to use it un maxwell?
thanks guys.
By Mattia Sullini
Well, something has to be spherical! (i mean for grabbing almost the whole environment within a single shot or two).
The cheap alternative to the fisheye is to get a mirror ball (still trying to find one since 4 months ago). You can then shoot at it, and maybe you could do it in fork mode, meaning that you could take three different exposures of the same shot. This way you should get something very close to an hemispherical projection of the environment. With a little postwork you can create a full spherical panorama, photoshop it to remove yourself and your camera, and make it hdr.
The cheapest way is to use a tripod to shoot a serie of pics. Then it depends from your needs: you can create a whole strip (panorama) and wrap a cylinder with it, or you can use one dedicated software to create the spherical map from your pics. Under mac i used PTMAC www.kekus.com.
At least these are the options i found for the problem, but i am an autodidact, then for sure there are other more effective solutions!
By Leonardo
are you talking about making a rendering with a fish eye lense or real pictures for hdri?

I tried the mirrror ball in a maxwell rendering and the noise was insane :? so I gave up.

In real the world, you can hire me ;) I'll make you a hdri of 6000 x 3000 dpi done with pro equipment :D ... no mirror balls :roll: :lol:
By Bubbaloo
Leonardo wrote:In real the world, you can hire me ;) I'll make you a hdri of 6000 x 3000 dpi done with pro equipment :D ... no mirror balls :roll: :lol:
According to your sig line, it may not be a good idea to hire you... :wink:
By Leonardo
Bubbaloo wrote:
Leonardo wrote:In real the world, you can hire me ;) I'll make you a hdri of 6000 x 3000 dpi done with pro equipment :D ... no mirror balls :roll: :lol:
According to your sig line, it may not be a good idea to hire you... :wink:
:lol: I'm not that bad.... but I had to, people were taking too much advantage of me :lol:
By wagurto
Hi Leo what kind of equipment are talking about?
By Leonardo
-D70
-8mm lens (sigma)
- appropiated tripod/head for 360 panos
-Final product HDRI if you want

You can see some low resolution qtvrs here
(as you can see these were not meant for HDRI :lol: )

http://www.tereschubert.com/vr/

leo
By wagurto
Do you really did that? nice! how much would it cost to do something like that but for an exterior job.
thanks
By Leonardo
Mihai wrote:How many photos do you have to take to cover the whole scene with that 8mm lens?
minimun 3 shots.... it works better with 6 (double) so if someone moves... (with it's very likely in a wedding :lol:) you can photoshop it out!
By David Solito
why not modeling the lens? Then making the render from the camera in front of the lens.
I am sure it could work.
By Half Life
Short of creating the lens and shooting through that -- the only other way I've found is to lower the focal length really low (5.33 mm for full frame image on 35mm film) on the Maxwell camera to get a wide angle of view (make sure you turn off vignetting in simulens) and then post process in Photoshop using the Distort>Lens Correction filter with remove distortion set to "-50".

It won't be perfect but it will come as close to the genuine article as you are likely to get without suffering through a very long render time due to everything being caustic light(the lens solution).

Best,
Jason.
Last edited by Half Life on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]