All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x

Rate your overall impression of Maxwell (10 being the best)

No votes
0%
1%
1%
2%
3%
5%
15%
21%
24%
27%
By tom
I won't vote... M~R doesn't need any points. It's clear... it renders killing real beside all NEGATIVES.
By rivoli
will you please show us what you think a good image should look like then? just to be sure we can all vote fairly, you see nobody wants to be biased here.
By Mihai
I think Maxwell is overall a nice guy, just don't let him drink too much.

Well, some nice renders of "larger spaces" (how large do you mean?):

http://www.maxwellrender.com/gallery/hi ... rch53.html

http://www.maxwellrender.com/gallery/hi ... rch11.html

http://www.maxwellrender.com/gallery/hi ... rch05.html

edit:

Just to add that by your questions you are limiting many of the benefits that Maxwell offers you. In many cases another render engine+tweaking+workarounds+cheating+post will produce satisfactory results. But personally I just like to know I can trust Maxwell to do it right from the start, without all that tweaking and scene debugging.
Last edited by Mihai on Fri May 06, 2005 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By rivoli
maybe he means larger.
By Mihai
Well Happy, if you have a badly modelled, or badly textured scene, or badly lit scene, then the render engine alone can't make it look like a brilliant photo.

You seem to be looking for a very specific type of image, can you post some examples?

If you're asking: Can Maxwell make bad images? Then yes, it can :) Do a search on the forum for "flash" and you'll know what I mean....
By Becco_UK
How the hell do you expect me to vote on the quality of software that is still in alpha stage?

Even in final form I would not have voted either. All good render engines have their strengths and weaknesses.

Maybe if you read through the forums you would realise what a pointless poll this is.

I suspect this poll is more about deciding whether to buy Maxwell Render at its current preorder price which is soon to increase.

Only you can decide whether to make this gamble on alpha software based on what your work involves.
By Brett Morgan
well I think this is kinda pointless too, buy maxwell or buy more licenses of your current renderer so you can get your crappy renders out quicker, its an easy decision buddy :D

Peace

Brett
By rivoli
that animation was meant, if a recall correctly, as a short test. the environment is in most part out of focus and there's motion blur added in post going on. as you can see. plus the environment in itself was not the point, i believe.
it could heve been more effective or it could have been not, it depends. to me it looks like it was effective enough considering what it was meant to achieve.
i don't think is the right example though.
By Frances
I think you have answered your own question. It's okay if Maxwell isn't what you want. Really. It's okay. What constitutes "good" is subjective. If you see all the works here and determine that all but 2 are not good, then chances are, Maxwell will not produce something "good" for you either. It can't be that we're all no-renderin' hacks here, can it? [crickets chirping here]
By Frances
Happy wrote:It's not that there are only 2 renderings that I like is just that there is a lack of renderings similar to what I am looking to do, so it is difficult to judge. I think the smaller controlled space models are incredible. They are inspiration to continue searching for magnificence.
Oh. Okay. So you are interested in exterior architectural animations? Or stills too? I personally wouldn't recommend M~R for animation unless you have a large render farm and can afford the extra licenses.

The User Gallery is probably the most comprehensive source for M~R renders that you'll find all in one place. That doesn't mean there aren't more. They just won't be so easy to find.
By Nicolas Rivera
Hello every body. Heres my personal point of view.

There is no number that can match the reality of most renderings with maxwell, i say most because there are some renderings that are bad, yes bad and some of you have to admit it. :oops:

There are a lot of extremely talented people here that have above average skills for making true to life renderings with maxwell. But for people like me that have not been in the CGI world that long, maxwell realy is the best way to go, really a few clicks and there you have a nice looking render, a litttle more clicks and you will have a true to life simulation.

Easy, well once you have a basic training on professional photography or a notion of how a pro camera works, then yes its easy.

We all have to wait until the final release to see its true magic with real simulation of environments and weather conditions, true to life material simulations and the best true to life light analysis and interpretation.

I feel blessed owning Maxwell and some how secure, really secure knowing that my future as an architect has an advantage over other people to make a real study of light and therefor a optimum design solution for my clients.

I feel that making a statement over a software that is in alpha stage assuming that it is the final release is a misunderstanding. MaxwellRender only promises a brigther future for all of us, hope its a faster future too.

One question, will you like living in the Matrix or in Maxwell??? witch one is more real???
:wink:
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]