All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By pendi
We have ( BOXX )Dual core AMD Opteron, Processor 280, 2.41ghz, 4.00GB of RAM ..windows XP Professional x64 edition version 2003 service pack 2 and

Softwares 3ds Max Design 2009 64 bit, 3ds max9 and Maxwell 1.7
By Fernando Tella
My work load is quite low lately (crisis, yep) So I have more free time.
Fernando Tella wrote:I doubted because of my work load, but here I am too:

CPU1
Hardware:
AMD Athlon 64x2 4800+ (2 cores)
4GB RAM
Winfast GeForce 6800 GT TDH 256MB

Software:
Windows XP64
3dsmax2009 64bits
CPU2 Brand new :D
Hardware:
Intel QX6600 (4 cores)
4GB RAM
ASUS GeForce 8800 GTS HTDP 640MB

Software:
Windows XP64
3dsmax2009 64bits
Both are connected with a Gigabit switch and to a Lacie ethernet hard drive.
By Almfeldt
We have a total of 12 computers, q6600 - dualxeon 5530. so we have all kinde of equipment.
We are working in autodesk Revit Architectual suite 2010, autodesk 3dstudio design 2010. Rhino 4.0. Sketchup and more.
So gues we are a good office for testing.. ;) '
We are about to buy the new werison as soon as it gets out.(The office im employed too)

I already have Maxwell and 3 nodes in my own company.
By osuire
Hello Mihai,

Beta tester is my second name.
8 years on Rhino.
2 years fooling around with Fry and Maxwell demos, now getting serious.
I've got time.

Here's my specs :

MODELING
-RHINO V5 latest WIP 32 bits
-RHINO V5 latest WIP 64 bits

OS
- Windows XP 32 bits,
- Windows 7 beta 64 bits

HARDWARE
-Desktop : Dell Precision T5400 with dual Quad Xeon E5410 @ 2.33ghz (total 8 cores), 4 GB RAM
Graphics card : Quadro FX 1700 / Geforce 260 GTX which I swap depending on what I do.
-Laptop : Dell Precision M90 with Centrino duo @ 2.00ghz, 4 GB RAM
Graphics card : Quadro FX 2500M

The laptop is where I test all the 64 bit stuff.

Do I qualify ?
By yolk
in case you're still looking for testers..i have some huge assemblies i have to render and would love to test them

thanx
By osuire
I don't really buy the "good tester" thing, Mihai.
Anyone's input is interesting :
-The uber-gurus because they will push the software to the limits and test advanced features
-The total newbies because a good software should be accessible to those guys too (and that includes me), specially for a render engine which is supposed to be "as easy as taking a photo".

I might be spoilt by McNeel's policy in that matter as someone said, but I deeply believe they are right in making their future releases accessible to users at a very early stage.
Even Microsoft and SolidWorks who are not really famous for truly involving customers have realized this for some time now...

By the way, I have got no PM answer to my request.
Does that mean "no" ?
By dmeyer
I'd be willing to test, in particular the Network Rendering features. I run a ~20 node mixed platform farm and have experience with all the idiosyncrasis of doing mixed platform rendering in 1.7.1.
By Mihai
osuire, did you send me a PM? I looked but I don't have one from you. By good testers I mean to say people that think they will have enough time and patience to deal with all the updates, do lots of tests, and have some experience about hunting bugs otherwise we would spend too much time asking questions and trying to narrow down each problem. It has to be somebody who at least has some experience with Maxwell. For now I think we have a good nr of testers, but if there will be any changes I always look at this thread so thanks for posting your info.
By osuire
Mihai wrote:osuire, did you send me a PM? I looked but I don't have one from you. By good testers I mean to say people that think they will have enough time and patience to deal with all the updates, do lots of tests, and have some experience about hunting bugs otherwise we would spend too much time asking questions and trying to narrow down each problem. It has to be somebody who at least has some experience with Maxwell. For now I think we have a good nr of testers, but if there will be any changes I always look at this thread so thanks for posting your info.
Mihai, I have not sent you a PM because I thought this thread was the place to ask.
Maybe I was mislead by the subject "Call for testers"...

We don't seem to agree on the term "good tester", but I don't want to start an argument here.
I just think McNeel's approach is better because it does no deter good will, and people who are willing to help always make good testers in a way or another.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]