All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By Aji Enrico
Good evening forum!
Hmm... *thinking* ...or whatever suits your timezone perhaps =c)

Did someone say that the first quarter of year 2007 is THE release target for
maxwell 1.2 or will there be a small adjustment to that targeted date?
I might have missed some posts from the last 20 days regarding to this. I can't
even search for "1.2" in the forum search, so I apologize in advance if this
question has already been answered.

Another question, is Mars newsletter on its way or has it been released already?

(I'm actually interested in Maxwell for Linux so any news on that would be fantastic)

Thanks friends
By sandykoufax
Mars newsletter has not released yet.
And no one can tell you when we get maxwell 1.2.
My thread about maxwell 1.2 is deleted.
Maybe this would be deleted too.
We just wait till the next newsletter released with patience.
Because that NL's clock is slower than ours. :wink:
By Matthias Rudolph
obviously NL is working almost with lightspeed...this could explain why theri clock is slower;)
By Aji Enrico
Great, thank you for up to day info. =)
By thomas lacroix
Matthias Rudolph wrote:obviously NL is working almost with lightspeed...this could explain why theri clock is slower;)

yep thats probably true, so we are in a biased world where the sound of people asking for V1.2 is quicker than lightspeed... :roll:
By robinh
So if we have to wait for the march newsletter, which will be send the 30 of march a little bit before midnight :lol: ,as usual, we won't have maxwell 1.2 this month.

Anyway, don't wait too much for, 1.2, don't take the chance to be deceived by too high expectations. Even if it will certainly make the use of maxwell more confortable, there is no major bug fix, and no need to have it to make nice pictures.
By JTB
robinh wrote:So if we have to wait for the march newsletter, which will be send the 30 of march a little bit before midnight :lol: ,as usual, we won't have maxwell 1.2 this month.

Anyway, don't wait too much for, 1.2, don't take the chance to be deceived by too high expectations. Even if it will certainly make the use of maxwell more confortable, there is no major bug fix, and no need to have it to make nice pictures.
The small features list we all read is not the complete set. The UI has been very much improved and this is something important for the guys who don't have plugins.
Also, some small bugs and workflow issues have been solved. Of course I would change all that immediately with a faster Maxwell engine. But this as I understand won't happen until we get the RS2 (if we ever get it). Maybe there are some changes in 1.2 but as you already said, we don't need it to make nice pictures. Only to make these pictures easy.
By Mr Whippy
I'd rather get a stable 1.2 rather than an unstable 1.2, so am happy to wait as long as it takes.

As long as they are working on it as much as they can I am happy :)

Then again *some* news at all would be nice...

Dave
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]