All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By ivox3
A quick one using Thomas' method for the modeling.

By Tea_Bag
:shock: That was quick! Just going to give it a go with a simple shape to start off with! 8)
By Tea_Bag
Hey Ivox3,

Did you use an IOR Glass Mat or one you created yourself? Just curious!
By ivox3
No ior, .....it's just a single layer low-grade glass mxm.

Ref 0: 145 145 145
Ref 90: 255 255 255
Transmittance: 230 230 230

Att: 3.0 cm
ND: 1.56

....that's it. ....looks pretty good, ..yeah .. ? :)
By Tea_Bag
Much Better Thanks! I was using an IOR material but all fixed now thanks again will post an update as soon as i get the bubbles in the liquid done! :)
By ivox3
There's a champagne MXM on the site you could examine for pointers ....if need be. ;)
By Tea_Bag
I'm ahead of you on that one! :D :wink:
By Tea_Bag
Hey,

So far so good but can't seem to get the green tint to go away!? Is it possibly the green part of the label being absorbed? Any ideas? At SL 18 at the moment.

Thanks
By Tora_2097
Hi Tea_Bag,

Try to increase the attenuation distance for example. This will help to get rid of the muddy appearance of your liquid. Attenuation distance controls how far a ray may travel before it looses its energy. A higher value will thus result in a clearer/less tinted liquid.

Regards,

Tora_2097
By Tea_Bag
Thanks alot Tora_2097! :oops: Me should of known that! Me new to the liquid and glass scene so guess i could get away with it! :wink:
By ivox3
So much nicer though ....
By Tea_Bag
Thanks for the support Guys! :) Another update below, the sprite seems a bit to cloudy to me but it can be fixed!

Thanks

mmm... :? Should of put this under WIP
By lebbeus
cloudy? the sprite looks nearly dead-on, good job 8)
now why are the cans still un-opened? :twisted:

edit: I think I see what you mean now, there should be a bit of the can showing through the sprite/glass…maybe the geometry of the glass is too much and refracting the can in a way that makes it disappear??
By Tea_Bag
:lol: Will see to it that it gets opened! :wink: Thanks for the feedback lebbeus
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]