All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By Tea_Bag
def4d wrote:You filled the glass with a closed bottle !!!
:lol: I knew it be picked out (after i did the render i though dam should of opened the can!)
def4d wrote: What makes me thirsty in drinks commercials, are the liquid bubbles on the bottles and glasses :wink:
Agree it was the next step to take :D - hmm...thing is do I use realflow for droplets or displacement!?
By Bubbaloo
Frances wrote:If you put some condensation on the glass along with some droplets and a few drip lines, it will give the appearance of being cold. I've done it before with custom roughness and bump maps.

Kind of like this photo:
As long as it's not rough glass, huh Francis?

:P I kid, I kid... :D
By Frances
Bubbaloo wrote:
Frances wrote:If you put some condensation on the glass along with some droplets and a few drip lines, it will give the appearance of being cold. I've done it before with custom roughness and bump maps.

As long as it's not rough glass, huh Francis?

:P I kid, I kid... :D
It's "Frances". :idea:
By Frances
Tea_Bag wrote:Cheers for the tip Frances! :)

Sandy - Brett was kind enough to share the process in making the droplets using 3D max and realflow but unfortunately I don't own 3d max but saying that realflow can be imported to Maxwell v2 so i might try that and see what results i get :D
Hope it helps. :) I don't think you need Realflow to still get a good result as far as droplets go. The very most you would need is displacement. Play with a custom roughness map for drips and condensation, it should be below the water line.

Sorry for hijacking your thread replying to the BS. :(
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]