All posts relating to Maxwell Render 1.x
By w i l l
The glass and liquid are good - better than the cans. The bit that bothers me is the ring pull - looks like its mapped and not modelled and the harsh light from above.
By Tea_Bag
Hey Will, Thanks for the critics I enjoy challenges :wink:
Right so Ive changed the lighting setup a bit and decreased lighting intensity were I needed to. I think the only way round the ring pull is probably to change camera angle? The lighting setup looks alot better to me as the cans are more dominant than the light but lets us know what you think :)

Thanks
By mverta
Looks to me like you're having a pixel aspect ratio, which is squishing your scene vertically and causing your round can to go oval. Make sure your pixel aspect ratio is 1.0.

_Mike
By Tea_Bag
My pixel aspect ratio was set to 0.9 and change it to 1.0
What a difference that made! :shock: Really sucked the cheeks in on those cans and we have round ones now :wink:
Great stuff Mike and Thank you for the crucial input! Will post my update later in the afternoon.

Thanks
Tea_bag
By ivox3
How'd it change in the first place ?
By Tea_Bag
I had a play with the film width and film height in earlier versions but must of missed the fact that by changing the film width or height it seems to change the pixel aspect ratio! Surely that cant be a good thing for the advance users that do tend to tweak the film settings?
By Tea_Bag
Correction its only when you change the value for film width :?
By Tea_Bag
Here is the updated Cans, with correct pixel ratio :)
Only on SL12 so a bit noisy

Thanks
Tea_bag
By Tea_Bag
Another update, But in the right bottom corner of the glass the cans bottom feature gets cut off!(Refraction) Is that suppose to happen?

Thanks
Tea_bag
By def4d
Very nice !

I don't see bubbles in the liquid bottom, is it wanted?
By Tea_Bag
Hey def4d,

Thanks for your comments - Yes more bubbles should be visible at the bottom of the liquid part. The last update was at SL 12 so what im doing now is rendering it again and let it cook till SL18 or 19. I've also adjusted the UV map just incase. :wink:

Thanks again
Tea_bag
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]