w/ maxwell 1.7 anytime I try to load a file that is larger than 512 pixels I have to wait (an exponent) of tiem based on how much larger than 512 it is ie: 2048 pixel image takes about 15sec to load and a 4k image takes 30secs to load.

This slow down is experienced whenever I laod the file in to the material window file loader (texture file preview window) , whenever I truy to render a preview of my shader in either maxwell studio or MXED, and when ever I try to do a real render- the maxwel engine freezes for 15-30sec PER FILE used (that means if i have 4 4 k images in my scene than i wat about 2 mins!!!) it freezes in the stage that saya -Loading Bitmaps and preprocessing (BEFORE it voxelizes)

I run a Dell Quad core Xeon 3.ghz computer windows xp 64bit w/ 16 gigs of ram and 2 Nvideia Quadro FX video cards and a 10000rpm sata drive I DONT think its my hardware being old or slow...

FURTHER experimentation with 4k files reviews that If I try to load a 4 k file on my old single core intel 3ghz windows xp 32bit computer w/ 4 gigs or ram and an old nvidia quadro fx 750 card that Maxwell is almost instintanious (about 2secs) in loading the 4 k image (s) (ive tried testign may 4 k images.. BUT ALL in JPG format)

so a 5 year old pentium 32bit comupter LOADS 4 k files Faster than my brand new dell quadcore 64 bit machine w mawell 1.7 64 bit..

also I installed a 32 bit versiono of maxwel 1.7 On my 64 bit machine and it still took long to load but it didnt seem AS long. .that 15secs it took a 2k image to load or get preprocessed in 64bit version only took 10secs w the 32 bit version of maxwell 1.7... but again the 32bit version of maxwel 1.7 running on a 32bit windows xp only took less then 2 full seconds.

Next i gues i shoudl test what otehr 4 k image formats perform at on maxwel 1.7 64bit.. since i only have used and tested JPG format

could the long time delay be the jpg uncompressing.. ? maybe ther is somethign in the maxwell engin that takes long code on 64bit version on 64bit os to do this... I will test 4 k png firl and 4 k tiff file and let you know

-
By 3dtrialpractice
tested 4 k png and a 4 k tiff

turns out that he JPG format is the culpret ON MY 64bit windows Xp runnign maxwell 1.7 64bit.

a 4k jpg file is about 4 megs big and takes about 30sec for maxwell to load
a 4k png file is 14 megs and takes only about 3-4secs for maxwell to load
a 4k tif file is 46 megs big and loads instantaniously(under1sec)w maxwell

so it seems that jpgs are bad for maxwell 64 bit on windows 64 bit ( on my computer only? or others have jpg slowness problem but use png instead)

I guess the deal its how long it takes maxwell to uncompress a jpg file..

THE ONLY THING THAT IS SOO STRANG: why does a 4k JPG load quickly (in about 2 secs0 on my old windows xp 32bit running maxwell 1.7 32bit)

is 32bit better at uncompressing jpg files?
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]