- Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:46 pm
I am only working on the Intel. I did a pack and go to start a rendering on the other PPC. It seemed to transfer over ok. But on the Intel, When I save out of ArchiCAD and open the MXS in Studio, it has about 20% of the materials correctly linked to MXM files and the rest have my ArchiCAD material names with an X through the icon.
Since I use the diffuse maps in ArchiCAD to set the scale of the texture map, it is easy to be fooled into thinking the rendering is working properly with the assigned MXM files. Instead, it creates a basic diffuse texture with my maps. In hindsight I always though my materials were looking a bit flat. Now I suspect a flaw in the export.
The solution would seem to be to just correct the material assignments in the MXS in Studio, save and use the import to make any changes to my geometry while keeping the correct material assignments. However, my problems are now further compounded by the fact that Importing to update geometry crashes Maxwell 90% of the time. The other 10% will delete pieces of geometry that have not even been updated. For example, my window frames disappeared the one time managed to import geometry.
So, for me, one little change in my scene requires a tedious process of saving out a new MXS every time and going through the process of resetting up my scene entourage and correcting the MXMs. I lose about an hour to this cycle every time I have to redo it.
AIA | LEED AP
OSX 10.7.5 Lion
MacPro 3.0 GHz 8 Core 12GB
ArchiCAD 17 • Modo 701 • Terragen 3