By peterfen13
how can i do to record in jpg the images calculated since archicad with Maxwell
thank's
By giza
hi Peter,

as far as i could find out the only way to have .jpg file on disk is to use method from this thread: http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6371

it works for me, but still there are many things that need to be changed in this addon(plugin)

hope it helps
By peterfen13
hello giza,
thank's for reply, I don't understand what i can do with:

C:\Progra~1\NextLi~1\Maxwell\mxcl.exe -mxs:yourscene.xms -d -t:320 -th:4 -r:1200x800 -o:c:\render.jpg -l:a,r""

I had to create a new file? :

mxcl.exe -mxs:yourscene.xms -d -t:320 -th:4 -r:1200x800 -o:c:\render.jpg -l:a,r""

on this path?:
C:\Progra~1\NextLi~1\Maxwell
By giza
ok i know it looks complicated but here goes:
you actually have to make a file with .bat extension something like myscene.bat and then start rendering from this .bat file , and how to make this file:
what you have to do is make a text file write this in it

C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell\mxcl.exe -c:\filetorender.mxs -d -t:60 -th:2 -r:640x480 -o:c:\render.jpg -l:a,r

well basically

C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell\mxcl.exe -d #always stays
-mxs:c:\render.mxs #location of saved MXS file
-t:60 #time in minutes, its minutes, not seconds
-th:2 #number of processors (2 for HT, 4 for new fun thing)
-r:640x480 #resolution
-o:c:\render.jpg #destination, you must have this to save the file
-l:a,r #layers to output (a: alpha r: render)

however, msdos prompt doesnt like spaces and long file names, so you have to shorten all items longer that 8 chars to 6 + ~1

eg C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell\mxcl.exe becomes C:\Progra~1\NextLi~1\Maxwell\mxcl.exe

so this one would end up looking like this
C:\Progra~1\NextLi~1\Maxwell\mxcl.exe -mxs:render.mxs -d -t:60 -th:2 -r:640x480 -o:c:\render.jpg -l:a,r

ok save the file and rename it from .txt to .bat
now when i tried this i created this new notepad file with this in it:
C:\Progra~1\NextLi~1\Maxwell\mxcl.exe -mxs:tempScene.xms -d -t:120 -th:4 -r:1200x800 -o:c:\Progra~1\NextLi~1\Maxwell\output\render1.jpg -l:a,r

and worked for me so try just copying this last bold text and paste it into a notepad file and save with .bat extension,

i hope you can understand something from all this it works for me but it is useles no parameters are controlable for now, materials are all converted to plastics except that AC Glass materials is translated to Dielectric but with some wierd parameters, hope theyll fix this
By peterfen13
thank's a lot for your help giza :) , i will try your method. It's true we can see the futur quality of the picture with this plug in on archicad, but it's impossible to adjust easely materials, and we don't have transparency. :cry:
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]