By Neil Evans
Can anyone give me some ideas as to how to export an animation please? I have read the manual and done what it says but I don't get any mxs files. There doesn't seem to be any place in the create flythrough dialog to chance the file type to mxs, so I just get a quicktime movie.

Any hints would be really appreciated as I have to do an animation this week.

Thanks.

Neil
By pelias
OK the process is not very simple due to limitations on side of AC SDK but it is doable.

- open PhotoRendering Settings
- enable "Export MXS Only" checkbox in Maxwell Parameters - this means the render doesn't start right away as the frame is generated by AC
- set reasonable time "Render Time" - note that this time will be used for single frame of the animation so be reasonable
- enable "Append Frame Number" in Maxwell Animation - this means the frame number is appended to MXS file
- close PhotoRendering Settings

- Create fly-through in AC as usual with Maxwell as rendering engine - note that this will generate a sequence of numbered MXS files (one for every frame of the animation).

- Open PhotoRendering Settings again
- Click on "Pick ranges" to aquire a minimum and maximum frame number for the animation - this information is based on the first and last MXS file generated - you can also set it manually.
- Hit Render in Maxwell animation to start Maxwell rendering - it will render every frame of the animation and generate an image.

After this you will get a sequence of numbered image files - you can combine these into an animation format (there are many applications for that).

Hope this helps.

Pavol
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]