By turbo2000
Hello.. after having updated maxwell my fstop needs to get much higher than i use to (normally 32).

This image is now rendering with an fstop of 100 and i still think it's a little bit blurry at edges? will this clear up or? it has been rendering for about 19 hours with sl 16

the alpha aswell isn't sharp either i think...

By Mihai
Are you sure the scene scale is correct? What is your focal length, and film size settings?
By turbo2000
Hi Mihai, how do i check if my scene scale is correct?

Here is my settings...

By turbo2000
btw, i can see maxwell has automatically set my fstop to 8 and not 100 which i set in archicad?

By Mihai
No, that setting is there to convert/change mxi files, it doesn't show the fstop of the render camera. You can try opening your scene in Studio and check first of all what the grid says about how big your scene is. In the lower right corner of the viewport you have an indicator showing the distance between two thick gridlines, so you can get an idea if your scene is the scale you intended. Also check the focus distance of your camera, perhaps it's set very close to the camera. You can do this by switching to perspective view, and looking at your camera to see where it's focus is.
By turbo2000
Thank you very much Mihai, i opened the file in studio and now everything is super sharp 8)
By turbo2000
Mihai one last question, what is the difference between circular and polygonal diaphragm? and what is best for interior or exterior shots?
By Mihai
This is a setting useful for blurry images where you want to control the "bokeh" effect, either make it circular, or polygonal shaped. So in this particular image it won't affect anything.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]