By jc4d
Hi all,
First of all congratulations for this new update :)

Now back to topic, rendering a instance of a emitter is produding undesired results, (if I understood right that this update support render emitter instaces)

Here the screenshot

Here the render

Here the MXS
http://www.downloadtaxi.com/d/1320311183

PS. If this is a bug Mods can move it to bug report

Cheers
JC
By nachob
Checking your scene I have seen your instance doesn't have material applied, it's inheriting original object material but not as expected. If you directly attach the emitter material to the instance it should work as expected.

nachob
By jc4d
Hi,
I see what you mean but in a more complex obects (Lamps) where the instance object contains different objects and one of those is a emitter, how you could assing a emitter material to the instance without affectiong the whole instance.

Here is a screenshot from a more complex object, in this case the whole lamp is a instance.

Edit: I´m using Cinema 4D plugin, maybe is related with the exporter and not with the engine :?:
Maybe this have to be reproduce in different softwares to see if is because the plugins or the render engine

Cheers
JC
By JDHill
Hi Nacho, I see some weird behavior here -- I will analyze it a bit and try to make some good repros for you. As far as I know, the plugin is doing what it should do.
By nachob
Hi all,

I can confirm it's a bug in the engine, where the instances are not inheriting the material properly from the parent object. We are working to fix it.

jc4d: could you make us available the lamps scene? It will be a great scene for texting the fix.

Thanks

nachob
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]