same render to SL10 just with multilight different settings 1)c+i 2)intensity only 3)off
you can see that a render with SSS and Multilight Color+Intensity Turned on renderes with these Strange noise sparkels that do NOT appear when rendering with NO multilight or in just multilight intensity only mode...

so for me the solution is to render w just ML Intensity only mode and change light color via photoshop or aftereffects plugins
Last edited by 3dtrialpractice on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll give it a try in here, see if I can reproduce it.

EDIT: Did a quick test here and looks like you're right.
Used a simple SSS material +coating, rendered until SL 13.
2 images - no multilight and multilight + color; the second one was definitely nosier
Man! after wasting days on this issue I really hope that this confirms my problems too before I loose any more hours.

just about to do some experiments with multicolour settings as mentioned here

Please someone follow this up and see my posts below, I just need to know if there's a buggy issue around this topic,

all the best:
Brendan Sharp wrote:hi, interesting thread.. Had a couple of posts lately trying to resolve noise- see here:

http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... 05&t=35972

http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... 97&t=35953

Tom could you please explain the limitation in optimization theory a little clearer/simpler...

at SL 16 after 3 hours I still cant resolve these fireflies in the forground of the street images I posted in the other threads.

even with individual street lights set at 178 watts, tried various emitter materials on them too. physical sky settings 5777.0 K sun power 1. planet refrlectance. 27%

everything else standard- IE: wavelenth exponent, turbidity etc.

location set to saudi arabia Dhahran & rotated the earth to be at 10.00 pm for a night scene. please see the images linked...

oh... and one more thing if someone could help me clear up what would be good camera setting for taking this kind of street view. I have seen the recomended EV values in the manual for various environments, and tried just about everything else, to no benefit

for Fstop I have 5.59, (focus should be about 5-290 meters away) ISO 100, shutter 523.68

thanks all for your time....

Brendan
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]