By mism
Hello, new Maxwell user here, very much enjoying it. I hope this isn't a n00b question :oops:

I'm experiencing some odd behaviour when rendering, part of the image is missing.

Scene prepared in Cinema 4D 11.5
6 polygon chairs on a sweep background.
3 emitters, all large single poly planes, one above, one to the left, one to the right.
Rendering in Maxwell 2.1 with mutilight (colour and intensity) at 1280 x 960.

This image renders without problems:

However when I change the materials to some downloaded from Maxwell Resources I get this, its happened twice.
I've left them at full res so you can see the exact pixels:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
By tom
I couldn't reproduce this problem so far. Until which SL should I wait? The grey carpaint material (which has 3 additives) right under the frosted glass is highly suspicious and may easily cause energy leaks. Could you try hiding that chair and see if it's making same black stripes? Thanks.
By tom
Nevermind, it's caught above SL16 and only a problem with ColorML. This issue will be fixed in next update. Until then, I suggest you to use Intensity ML...
By Gary
Hello Tom,

I have had this problem arise intermittently on a few files. All with multilight on, but none with Color ML. All presented the problem at the very beginning of the rendering (SL 1 or 2) and got progressively worse. Had it on a file at the end of yesterday. Planned on reporting today and now can not recreate. If it happens a gain I will send you the MXS.

Let me know if there is any other information I can provide.

Gary
maxwell 2.1
mac osx 10.6.2
By Gary
Hello Tom.

I now have a simple mxs without color ML that produces black banding at the beginning of a render. I will email you the mxs.

Gary
By Gary
Tom,

For your information, I was able to restart, regenerate the MXS and render with out banding. This problem for me has always been intermittent.

Gary
By tom
Interesting enough, I've simplified your scene down to a plane and an emitter and it still had the banding until I restart the studio. We're going to fix it, don't worry.
By Gary
Hello Tom,

Any luck solving this bug? Had a few files last week that were presenting this problem with some frequency. Quitting and restarting Form-z would then generate a useable mxs.

Thanks,

Gary
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]