By rusteberg
i was rendering an exterior scene with of building with ags windows and several staged emitters inside using multilight/color. left the rendering and came back to it to find "white dots" all over the place, so in the multilight tab panel, i dropped the first emitter down to "0" and the "white dots" went away... every other emitter was fine. i thought it might have been intersecting something, or internal error of some sort with mesh, so deleted the emitter mesh causing problem and hit render. same thing. so i did a test.

placed 4 emitters inside box with AGS lid. turned on multilight/color rendered. first emitter in multilight panel causing same issue. went back to scene, deleted first emitter and hit render again. same thing. (same emitter cloned 4 times and renamed) if the first emitter mesh in the list is cloned and given a unique material name, it works fine. seems that only the first emitter in the multilight tab panel causes the issue...

seems that any light passing through AGS causes issue for only the first emitter listed in the multilight panel (not just inside closed object)

setup: (in this scene, "emitter-2" caused problems since it was first in list, whereas same object and material is listed second in list below)

By Richard
Could you guys add another 3 emitters to that scene and see if for you it disables the environment mix slider?
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]