tom wrote:
zoetropeuk wrote:2. No, they all render with this very weird low contrast effect.
Do you mean you can't even render this scene in v1.7 decently anymore?
If I re-render the 1.7 .mxs files using Maxwell 2.0 they render as they should. As soon as I try and render from C4D V11 using MWR2.0 the images are pants.

Matt
By tom
zoetropeuk wrote:If I re-render the 1.7 .mxs files using Maxwell 2.0 they render as they should. As soon as I try and render from C4D V11 using MWR2.0 the images are pants.
Do you report a plugin bug and everything else seems fine?
zoetropeuk wrote: If I re-render the 1.7 .mxs files using Maxwell 2.0 they render as they should. As soon as I try and render from C4D V11 using MWR2.0 the images are pants.

Matt
Could have saved us two pages of posts with this little precision :P I'll move your post to the Cinema plugin forum, that's what it's there for :wink:
tom wrote:
zoetropeuk wrote:If I re-render the 1.7 .mxs files using Maxwell 2.0 they render as they should. As soon as I try and render from C4D V11 using MWR2.0 the images are pants.
Do you report a plugin bug and everything else seems fine?
I worked it out :D Even though the Simulens checkboxes are ALL SWITCHED OFF, it's still rendering with the unchecked default values. If I check the boxes, reduce the values back to 0, the render goes back to normal.

This really needs to be changed and the default values set from 50,50,50 to 0,0,0.

Matt (Happy once again).
Last edited by zoetropeuk on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndreD wrote:could you just try to CHECK the simulens boxes with very low settings?
had a similar issue here!
I just worked this out whilst you were posting. I never even thought about these settings as I've never used them and have no need to. Why the unchecked default values are 50,50 and 50 is rather weird.

Matt
I just saw this thread.
zoetropeuk wrote:Why the unchecked default values are 50,50 and 50 is rather weird.
I have to disagree - if there are enable/disable options, where the feature is disabled by default, then the default values ought to be pre-set to some reasonable number. Anyway, nothing has changed here - the plugin has always used the current convention.
Mihai wrote:I'll move your post to the Cinema plugin forum, that's what it's there for
If maxwell.exe is rendering with simulens even when it is disabled, then that would be a bug that would have to be taken care of in maxwell.exe.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]