By desclarke
Hi there,
I was wondering if there any symbol issues when rendering from FormZ using Maxwell Render. I have created a building type which exports/renders fine in Maxwell, but when I paste it into a file and make a symbol from it and duplicate a few times, I get export error. I have double checked the texture maps (rgb jpegs). Now there are already symbols in the original file such as windows, so the building symbol contains embedded symbols. Do you think this could cause invalid mxs files? Or do you recommend exploding the symbols (i'd prefer not to)?

Thanks,

Des
By juan
Hi Des,
Throughout the early development phase of the plugin I found some issues rendering symbols. I thought we had fixed all of them but may be there is still something not fixed. For example the chees model from the formZ download section contains symbols and it renders fine.

The process to write a mxs from a symbol is very different to the normal models, and users usually do not use symbols so perhaps there is some bug here. You can send us the model to maxwelltech@nextlimit.com to see what is happening.

Regards,

Juan
By desclarke
Grazias Juan,
I tried exploding everything from a "saved as" file and it exported to mxs fine. So I'll wait untill I finish the model and then play around with Maxwell. Looking forward to it.

Des
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]