By Matthew Schrock
Thanks Juan, I am happy to be trying the formZ plugin on the Mac.

I am having a problem that the view in formZ does not match the rendered view - even with view set to perspective.

Before I get into this too deep, I want make sure I have the correct version of Maxwell.

In the announcement you state "- Latest version of Maxwell (1.2.2a) is needed."

I go to the download page and dowload from the link "Maxwell Render Mac OSX G5 1.2.2a beta"

I install this, but when I run it I see in the console "MAXWELL Engine version 1_2_2_beta"

Is this just an oversight in renaming the version or am I not getting the lastest version?

Thanks for your help.

Matthew
By juan
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your report. You have the correct version of Maxwell. I have noticed that in some scenes you could get an issue with the focal lengh. I have fixed it already, a new version of the plugin is avalaible in the download section. You need to do some things to get the perfect view:

- set the current view to "perspective"
- also disable "keep vertical lines straight" in the view parameters dialog (I promise to investigate if Maxwell could support this feature)
- Put the same values of resolution in the Maxwell Palette than in the view parameters dialog as you see in the image below.

By this way we always get the right view but of course there could be cases that we have not tested, thanks to you for your suggestions.

Here you can see that I have set the view to custom to the same size I have written in the maxwell palette. Also notice that the "keep vertical lines straight" is disabled.

This image has different resolution in the properties of the current formZ view than in the Maxwell palette. In this case you have a right adjustment in the horizontal and a distorsion in the vertical.

I hope it helps,

Juan
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]